• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Td-25

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Steam! :drinkup

Great pictures, feel free to share more. :thumbsup

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Don't see many old International dozers kicking around there are a few of the smaller track machines. International tried copying Cat the machines had a little bit of similarity.

International always got a bad rap right from their trucks to equipment. They changed to Dresser and I don't know if they are made anymore ?

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
International trucks and farm equipment have always been popular here, but heavy equipment has not been that popular, especially lately. In the 60s and 70s, they had probably the second most popular dozers in various sizes next to Cat, the company I worked for had TD25 that worked its tail off and was pretty much trouble free. They had a TD7 too for finish work that I don't remember too much trouble being mentioned.

You'd see an occasional loader or TLB, but they were few and far between.

580bruce

My old boss in Wenatchee has one just like the one in the pic.Sometimes hard to ge parts for,but it is a fine machine.It looks like it will outpush a d-8!

rino1494

Dresser was bought out by Komatsu years ago. Now they are up and running again under the name of Dressta. They still make the TD-25.

surfer-joe

Running a dozer in good dirt is just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on, and a sweet running TD25C was a pleasure to be on. They were powerful, fast, easy to use with the two-speed steering, and they had a nice engine sound. At the time, the D8H Cat was just about at the end of it's run as was the AC HD21, also a nice dozer. Yep, not many of the old girls around anymore.

I was just thinking, I ran a TD25B in Vietnam with practically no clothes on. One military hat, a pair of cut-off pants, and some Ho Chi Minh sandals is all. Won't count the M14 rifle, the grenades, the rocket launcher, the Claymores, and the K-Bar tucked by the seat.

That was a standard transmission model with a diesel-fuel torque converter and forward-reverser. Pushed a lot of TS24 Euc scrapers with it for a while.

rino1494 is correct, Dressta still makes the TD25 and TD40 models, in Poland of all places. I don't know if they are marketed in the states anymore, and haven't heard if any of the smaller models survived. Komatsu did market some of the loaders and small dozers for a while. The TD25G was supposed to be the cats meow, but the change to the Cummins engine and other so-called improvements didn't work out well. Dresser made some of these in Poland and they were disasters. They actually used some parts they took back in from the Polish Army on some of these machines, the olive drab paint was still there under the new coat of yellow. I had one on a job in Colorado for a while and never could keep it running, was a new problem every day. Original dealer eventually took it back and I believe they used it for parts in Missoula.