• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TD-14 steering clutch

bullseye

Hi, Can someone tell me how the steering clutch works in relations to the foot brake?
I pull the clutch lever back and it will not turn until I push the brake pedal down. Is that how it is to work?

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
you don't say how old this machine is most early dozers you pulled steering clutch back and placed foot on brake to turn . some of the later IH Range you pulled steering clutch back and it engaged the Brake all in one go

malcolm

steering

Hi
Sounds like your steering clutch is not disengaging cleanly usually the weight of the tractor will cause the machine to gradually turn when the lever is pulled in , A common cause of a dragging clutch in older machines is the fiber plates swelling with moisture or too much slack in the lever adjustment . TD14s never had clutch and brake on the same lever cheers Malcolm