• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tb180fr AC

Don.S

So the takeuchi tb180fr machine i sit in has a problem with the ac. Now that is is fall you would think that is not a problem but it is still hot as hell in there and even with the side door open it is still 97f inside. So today i tilted the cab up and opened the ac unit up and to my surprise the inlet to the evaporator was cold and covered in frost but when i touched the evaporator it was not cold. I have not put any gauges on it yet but the compressor did not cycle off in the 15 minutes i was looking at it. Hope to put the gauges on it soon.
Any ideas for a guy who has no clue what he is doing? 20201015_174603.jpg 20201015_174552.jpg

Don.S

It was 11c out. First is starting with machine off. The second was with the machine running and did not change at all. the third is five minutes after shutting the machine off.
20201016_160225.jpg 20201016_161735.jpg 20201016_162429.jpg

Old Doug

Is it low on freon ? Is there a expanstion valve in the line? Here the ac season is about over. One less thing for drivers to bitch about.

Don.S

In the trucks or anything that moves at speed i dont care about ac but since i get all the jobs that you want the cab closed up for even in this temperature its very hot inside. Also the ac helps like crazy to defog when its cold and wet.
I would have thought that with the low side going that low the ac clutch would kick out?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Don
I cannot help so much but I must compliment you on your thread nice illustrations.
Kind regards
Uffex

Don.S

What is the best way to look for a leak? The problem around here is any time we get a Ac guy to look at something they say ya it was low and now it works. When you ask where the leak is they say i dont know. Here we cant buy 134a over the counter so it makes working on ac a little more difficult.