• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TB138FR Attachment Interference System

TomMD

Hi All,

New to the forum and hoping someone may have some insight. I have a 2006 TB138FR. The AIS has recently been triggered and won't raise the boom or rotate to the left. I'm aware thats what should happen when a sensor fails or something along those lines. I'm not sure where/how to start diagnosis on what component has failed. I also have a 2015 TB153FR that had a similar issue. The fuse box in the cab had a bad fuse for the AIS and after I replaced that everything has been fine since. The 138FR does not have a dedicated fuse in the cab, and all appear to be in good working order. I'm not sure where to start now with the 138 since I can't find a fuse or relay. I know there are two sensors located at the base of the boom, I'm not sure if I should just replace them and see if that works. I believe there is a third somewhere else lower on the side to side swivel, but I haven't located it yet.

If anyone has some suggestions on where to start, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'd take it to the local dealer but have had some pretty terrible experiences in the past and really want to get the machine back up and running.

Thanks again!

heymccall

When that occurs on my TB53FR or TB180FR machines, 99 times out of 100, it's the wiring compromised between the boom sensors and the cab.
TB180FR harness (5wire) is $60.
Very easy to continuity test.

TomMD

So not typically the actual sensors just maybe a bad wire? Replace the wiring that starts on the boom sensors and then where does it wind up running to under the cab? Is it pretty invasive or is it just tilting the cab up and tracing where the wires run?