• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tall shifters

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Not sure of the tall shifter but recall my uncle, who passed away many years back, made a comment before I was old enough to really understand what he was saying. He said the worst thing they ever did was to come out with the column shifters in cars. Said the floor shifts were more fun when taking lady friends out for a ride.

Bench seats and a 4 on the floor made for cool dates. Kids today have no reason to shift down even if they have a straight stick. Bucket seats ruined that.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
There are 6-7 abandoned farms like that by me. The state used a law they snuck in about cow shiit runoff killing fish to take these farms. The Chehalis Indian tribe backed it & boom, we have stolen farms. They were walked away from and many still have the tractors, ballers, ect left behind.