• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi vertical lift track loader

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Jmac03,
Can you please go test ride the crap out of the v2 and post your reviews of it?
I'm extremely interested in buying one but my dealer can't demo me the v2. He is willing to demo me the tl12 for a month. But doesn't do me much good considering the v2 is completely different loading features.
Thanks bud

I would also like to hear a review. I was told it will be April before the dealer here sees one. He is ordering one in under the hope that I will buy it. I am anxious to run one and spend some time in the machine.

guisep3

I would also like to hear a review. I was told it will be April before the dealer here sees one. He is ordering one in under the hope that I will buy it. I am anxious to run one and spend some time in the machine.

Ksss,
What type of ctl do you run? What is your opinion of your brand? I run a bobcat t300 and love it but she's getting old. I see the case in your avatar.
Do you have any experience with takeuchi? I do alot of heavy excavation and grading with my ctl. Thanks for any input you have sir.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I currently have 2012 TR320. I like the machine and other than some electrical issues with the handles when I first got it, it has been pretty dependable. I like the V2 on paper because it is heavier, and more powerful and vertical lift so that it would be easier to load into trucks. I curious to see if the more hp and weight equates into more work being done. That was not the case with the 299D I demoed this Fall, easily more comfortable but not more productive than my CASE. I will see how the V2 works out. If not, I may demo the 299XHP. Although it would have to be pretty productive to justify the price tag. Worse case, I will run the machine I have until the new series CASE machines come out. I am hoping for a heavier, 100 hp plus machine. I have run TK 6 ton mini excavators since 2003. Great luck with them, and the Side to Side boom shift on the Tb153 (no longer made) has proven to be an absolute money maker for me. I think TK builds great equipment, some of their rebranding decisions concern me like the ASV wheeled skid steer, but the stuff they build is good to go.

rockman

average at best ... should have waited till they ironed out all the bug's , i would have been better off keeping my tl12 , less problems / better track wear / at least everything worked as it should

guisep3

average at best ... should have waited till they ironed out all the bug's , i would have been better off keeping my tl12 , less problems / better track wear / at least everything worked as it should
I'm assuming you bought the tl12v2.
What don't you like about it? How is the power and lift capabilities? Any noticeable difference? What are the bugs you're talking about?
Any details are appreciated.

rockman

power and lift is nice , my work is all attachment work so extra pressure works for me
using an attachment , you cant crowd or lift at all due to lack of oil , used to be able to on the previous machine tl12
track wear , i do all my work on asphalt , this machine on factory bridgestone tracks i will be lucky to get 300 hrs , on my previous tl12 i got around 650-750 hours , it makes this machine an expensive machine to run

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Taki still has not got you fixed?

rockman

Not properly or even as good as the tl12
The work i do is all attachment work , milling / sweeping and laying asphalt.
On the previous TL12 I was able to get around 700 hours out of my tracks before i started to lose traction.
On this TL12V2, 235 hours and the tracks are dusted , same wirk.
That equals to $40 per hour for the tracks only , 1/3 rd of my rate goes to the tracks.
I wish i had kept the previous machine tl12.
Cheers Jim

skata

is the rubber compound softer?
and why dont you run a wheeled machine since you're on asphalt all the time?

rockman

They are the genuine bridgestone tracks .
They dont have the wheeled takeuchi over here yet , my previous machine was the tl12 which had around 2500 hours trouble-free and this thing was supposed to be the latest greatest thing ....
Hindsight ... i should have waited a year or so for them to iron out the faults.

skata

i wonder if bridgestone made the rubber softer, so that they wear out faster. then they make more money in replacements....

i would not get the wheeled takeuchi. its a rebranded terex/asv skid steer.

rockman

anyone end up with a v2 and having problems with it shutting down randomly ... regarding the dpf system ... keen to find out some more details

05rammer

My work has some of the r2s that shut down. They are hard to start afterwards, like they ran out off fuel.

rockman

is there any time / temps / anything that they remember about when they stopped and how did they get them going again ?
also when the machines is doing the burn cycle of the dpf , is the machine set up to do an auto or manual burn ?
mine has 850 hrs on it now , mainly asphalt profiling with a bit of running a mulcher , it has shut down 3 x times in the last month
it is now becoming a safety issue as the last time was crossing a road , most of my work is out on roads

keen for as much info from other people as we are getting the same run-a-round , saying that we are the only people that are having that problem

05rammer

We turn the key without starting it to allow it to prime the fuel system again and it starts easier.

rockman

people with a v2 , does your do the burn for the dpf in auto mode or do you have to do a manual burn when asked ?