• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL8- Daily Maintenance/Checklist

Pool Rx

Hey there, a little background. My Family and I own a Swimming Pool Business in Georgia. We currently have a Takeuchi TL8 with around 600 hours and a new (100 hr or less) TB260 mini x we just purchased and will be adding another TL10 soon. We have around 5 or 6 construction employees that all rotate time between the machines.

The TL8 has been down about 3 weeks in the shop and diagnosis is someone might of put gas in it on accident. But also said the everyday maintenance has not been acceptable. Basically its about a 9k $ screw up. Its not big deal to them because they aren't the ones having to pay to fix it. Very similar mindset as the people who rent machines. Being that I'm on the road majority of the time between jobs, I'm personally only around the equipment very briefly throughout the day.

I am going to have a little come to Jesus meeting with all of my guys that operate the machinery Monday morning, and i'm wanting to put together a Checklist of what needs to be checked on a daily/weekly/monthly basis that the operator needs to sign off on before cranking the machine everyday.

I am looking for some advice on how other businesses owners insure their machines are being taken care of when they are not present. I am also looking for a reference sheet of the Grease Fitting Locations on the machines so I can put in the packet I'm making so everyone knows where all the fittings are located. I hope its something they all know, however I have little faith in all of my guys at this point.

Any and All info is greatly Appreciated!
Zack

skata

i'd find out who put gas in the machine and fire them.

but you should dedicate one person to maintenance. grease everyday. dedicated yellow cans for diesel.

JD8875

I'd start by firing the moron with the gas can... Even if it cost me a couple hundred bucks to find out who it was. Then grab the operator's manual for each machine. It will have a chart for daily, weekly, monthly service or break it down by hours. Will also have diagrams of where the service items like grease zerks are located.

Good luck
John

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I feel your pain.. BUT.. w/ operators.. your more likely to get> "I aint no mechanic".. "if you need a mechanic, hire one, I'm an operator."
But the list is as simple as checking their car/truck.. w/ the exception of greasing..
All the machines have "sight glass" levels for hyro's..?? & dipsticks for engine oil.. & overflow bottles for coolant.?
Make DAM SURE YOUR MACHINES have these items BEFORE crawling up their azz..
AND>> MAKE DAM SURE you have the fluids ON HAND to top them off !!!!!
IF YOU know how to do it.. do it first.. While they stand there & watch.. THEN, theres NO EXCUSES..