• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL26 Battery Water Light.

nycb

The battery water light on my TL26 started to blink yesterday, so we flipped up the cab and checked it. It is using a non-sealed battery so I topped off the water in it.

The light and beeper kept going off though.

There is a plug kind of hooked to the positive terminal that looks like it used to hook to a sensor or something (I could find no trace of whatever it might have used to plug in to).

Any idea how to either get it to read the correct water level or just disable it? If it even needs to be replaced it will be with a sealed battery anyway, so it seems silly to keep it operational.

nycb

On my machines with that feature, I just connected the level sensor to 12v. Never an issue.

I messed around with it today and it's definitely that wire that was hooked to the battery terminal, unhooking it while the engine is on gives me beeping, then it stops as soon as I hook it back up.

It must have a short in it somewhere because it is starting and stopping intermittently while operating it. I'll clip it back a few inches and add a new connector to it to see what happens.

nycb

I figured I would update this incase someone else was having a similar problem.

It had turned into an intermittent problem, it would beep for while, then stop for awhile, repeat.

I traced the wire from the battery through the harness and up into the panel inside the cab, the first connector looked fine, but the one under the panel the pin for that wire had corroded and broke off (bouncing around caused it to come and go).

I fixed it and the problem went away completely. It's just a hot wire that runs all the way from the battery to the panel, no other wires in that connector had the same problem, just that one.

It goes from a white wire to a red stripe to a white wire with a blue stripe after the first connector.