1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Takeuchi TL150 Stalling

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by wittenterprises, Apr 17, 2014.

1. wittenterprises

wittenterprises New Member

Machine stalls out randomly. It can be immediately after you start it up and the engine is still cold or it can be after running 20 minutes. Sometimes it cranks right back up and sometimes you have to crank it over a lot to get it to fire back up. It has a new oil change and the level is good. It has a new fuel filter. the water separator is clean. I changed the 2 hydraulic filters on the machine. The coolant level is good.
    Any suggestions ?

2. cartzblown94z

cartzblown94z Well-Known Member

Mine did that when I got it on cold starts but it was because I wasn't turning the key backwards for the grid heater to warm up. Now it's fine. Never had issues while running after a few min though

3. Swannny

Swannny Senior Member

Sensor going bad? Are the air filters clean? Fuel lines sucking air somewhere?

4. stumpjumper83

stumpjumper83 Senior Member

Movin dirt
    are the dash lights coming on?

5. kevinc1650

kevinc1650 Member

Are any lights coming on? Takeuchi has electric fuel pumps mounted on the door. Check and see if it is working. Check the fuel lines at the door. See if the line has a bent in it causing it not to get alot of fuel though it. Check the filter in the water/sep. If no lights are coming on it will be a fuel problem more then likely.

6. wittenterprises

Air filter is clean, fuel lines all appear to be ok

7. wittenterprises

Kevinc1650
    There are no lights coming on. The fuel separator is clean and drained.
    Yesterday morning I go, it cranks up and shuts down immediately, just as if I turned the key off. It cranked back after a lot of cranking, It stayed running for several hours until I turned it off. The throttle responds well, no hesitations.
    This morning the exact same thing.
    There are no lights coming on while running or after it shuts down.
    All the fuel lines appear to be good.
    thank you for taking time to help

8. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

On every TL150 here, I have had to resolder the contacts in every relay above the operator's toes. Normal people may simply replace the bad one, but which one?
    Systematically disassemble on at a time, and examine their internals for cold solder joints.

9. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

I have also had many, many, many issues with debris in the fuel tank, because "it takes too long" to fuel the machine with the filler neck strainer intact. The fuel tank is a nearly "bottom suck" setup. The fuel outlet "90" has a tendency to not pass rocks or straw.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  10. cartzblown94z

cartzblown94z Well-Known Member

Are you using the grid heater before starting?

11. Chief Jim

Chief Jim Well-Known Member

worm farmer / American
    Locate the fuel line on the filter that comes from the tank. When your machine dies, take that line off the filter and blow into until you hear bubbles in the tank, put the line back on , turn the ignition on and wait a moment for the fuel pump to recharge the lines. Run it. Mine did the same thing. You may have a piece o crap in the tank that plugs the fuel line. Blowing air back through it may clear it temporarily. Take the fuel cap off and DO NOT pressurize that tank. Good luck.

12. curtdog21

curtdog21 New Member

mine was doing the same thing. it would blow the fuse for the fuel pump. the wires in the back door got pinched. fixed that and it runs great. i have a problem w 2 lights staying on. the battery light blinks and the one that looks like an axle and an oil drop. i was wondering if anyone could explain this to me.

13. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    curtdog21
    the light may be the hydraulic filter light .What is your email address?I can send you operation ,partsand service manuals in pdf .

14. curtdog21

curtdog21 New Member

15. Chief Jim

Chief Jim Well-Known Member

worm farmer / American
    Two light fault on TL150

Whack the relay box by your right foot with a hammer . If the problem goes away it may be a relay sticking. Clean all those connections. If problem keeps occurring, you may need a relay. $60 give or take a few bucks. I could not identify a non OEM replacement for the Knight Beam Company Ltd relays. There are two relays the same, you can try a simple swap to see it that helps...
    Good luck. Chief Jim

16. curtdog21

curtdog21 New Member

Any help is much appreciated!!!