1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Takeuchi TL130, Hydraulic oil change. Bleeding system?

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by azvacs, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Nige

Nige Senior Member

I'd be interested to know why.
    The oil recommended by the OEM is a 10W/30 engine oil, probably recommended so that it would encourage people to use the same oil in the engine and the hydraulic system. There are far better oils available for hydraulic systems than engine oils.

2. azvacs

azvacs Well-Known Member

Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
    I’d be interested to know why also. And you suggest 10W TO4? It may mix with whatever is still in the lines and pump. Others on this thread have said that they wouldn’t use 10W oil in the hydraulic system…

3. azvacs

azvacs Well-Known Member

Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
    Are you saying that 10W TO4 is straight 10W?

4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

If HMC runs 10W in all his Tak hydraulic systems that would be good enough for me. We ran 10W in all our hydraulic systems on other brands.

TO-4 or HYDO (hydraulic oil), either will work just as well.

5. skata

skata Senior Member

10w30 is a 30 weight when hot. What is the weight of the t04 when hot?

6. skata

skata Senior Member

I don't know? Sounds like it.

7. Nige

Nige Senior Member

The question would be why anyone would want a oil viscosity as high as 30 when the oil is hot.?

Most manufacturers specification for hydraulic oil is for a straight viscosity oil somewhere around SAE10W.

8. skata

skata Senior Member

10w30 is what Takeuchi has been using for a long time. I'm running 10w-40 now.