1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Takeuchi Tl130 Hydraulic Filters stuck

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by PeterG, Jan 24, 2023 at 12:19 PM.

1. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Landscape Construction, General Contractor
    I'm trying to replace two of the hydraulic filters on my TL130. The inline filter is a spin on canister with the filter inside.
    It looks like there is a 27mm nut on the end of the canister. I tried turning the canister with filter pliers but could not get it to budge. Is the nut used to help turn the canister? Also, which way do you turn it? The manual says counterclockwise. When I tilt up the canopy the filter is on my right. Also, what is the best tool for this? Do I need to crack open the hydraulic tank cap to relieve pressure? The manual does not mention this. Regarding the Hydraulic Return filter, this filter does not seem like the typical thin wall filters and does not seem easy to turn. Anyone have an ide of the best way to remove this? I have a large set of Channel Lock filter pliers, and a Harbor Freight vise grip filter pliers. Do you think it's ok to use Baldwin filters?

2. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Here is the inline filter drawing.

Spin on Pilot line filter.jpg

3. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Here is the return filter drawing

Spin on Hydraulic filter.jpg

4. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

1-1/16 box wrench on the under cab filter. Wrench turns away from pumps, toward left side track.

For the rear spin on, blunt chisel against the notch, hammer at decent force. Or the Takeuchi supplied wrench.
    Screenshot_20230124-131340_Photos.jpg

Both are RH thread.
    I can recall at least one time where I had to remove the whole assembly and place it in a vise, for both units.

5. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

The spin on filter wrench above is $75 from Takeuchi, 881920060.
    #23 in drawing.
    Screenshot_20230124-131858_Drive.jpg

No need to open tank, as it isn't under pressure. It's vented.

6. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

I take it you have the notched spin on filter wrench? Does it work well? Any other uses for it? Looks like it's hard to find.

7. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
  8. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

I have thought about going to that type of strap, or the kind with a metal band with handle, or with socket wrench hole. Problem with those, is I have no idea on what sizes I need. I really like tools you can get a longer leverage bar on. They need to to work for smaller Toro Dingo filters, and Takeuchi TB016,TB240, TB153Fr, TL130, Hitachi LX20.

Nige, is the amazon a tool that you use?

9. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

The notched wrench was provided with my TL150 machines, when new. All 3 of them.

10. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    The one in that link is a genuine Cat filter strap as far as I can see. The Cat P/N is 185-3630 and the nylon strap is about 3" wide.
    Maybe HMC can give you a price from his local Cat dealer because I don't have access to parts pricing any more.

11. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

My Cat login has gone stupid. It knows it's a strap wrench, but, it won't acknowledge it.
    The part number shows under a handful of vendors online, though.

12. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks guys! Will order the strap. Now I'm thinking of ordering new gas struts 2 qty 1653900060 as the canopy won't stay up and I have to run a sling to the excavator before I can pin it.

13. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

Again, for the rear spin on, to shock it loose, use a blunt chisel and hammer on one of the notches. Once shocked, any old strap wrench will work.