• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TAKEUCHI TL12V2 owners ?

rockman

Is that what they installed on your Rockman? I heard about the valve, I just didn't like the thought of purchasing I new machine, and right out of the box it needing extra valving :(. Also do you have any detail on what the new front idler looks like. I did a demo on a Kubota 95 and the one thing I liked about there bottom was that they put the two groove in the front and single in the back. I was hoping Takeuchi's update had something like that. Any help is much appreciated!
Unfortunatly you do need the valve , it wont work well without
Go back to the dealer , they all know about it and it is free for you .
Mine missed out on the rollers and idlers because it was not in the recall .

rockman

Rockman what are your overall thoughts on the TL12V2?
KSSS,
650 hours in and have a better idea on the Takeuchi TL12v2
Would I buy another Tak , maybe
Would I buy another V2 ... NO ! ... For my line of work , Profiling and getting into Mulching , the slop that is already coming into theri vertical lift system is not funny , it will not be nice at 3000hrs if it makes it .
As for the back-up from Tak , leaves a lot to be desired . My machine was the second v2 sold in Australia , seems i missed out on the front idler / triple flange roller upgrade and whatever other things Takeuchi wont tell you about , you seem to have to find out yourself and then give your dealer a hard time .
What will I buy next ... no idea ... Takeuchi is built solid , just this model that needed to refine it before they released it onto to the market so the customer is not the one fixing their problems .

Trencher97

I agree with the slop, I pushed out an equestrian riding ring, 100'x200' and after stripping topsoil and cutting grade to desired elevation I noticed more movement in the lift arms. Ive now got 300hrs on it and I'm starting to think I was better off with my TL240, or should have stepped up to a TL12R2 instead of the V2. Its a shame because the machine has so much potential.

Trencher97

18161882_1923151084377683_9113049157542608896_n.jpg

Trencher97

Is it possible that you guys can tell me a round abouts time that you let Takeuchi know about the problems that you were having with the machines?

Trencher97

Do you have a date in which you purchased it. I don't like the idea that my dealer may have known there were problems with the model before I got mine and didn't mention it and sold it anyway.

skata

so what kind of slop you guys noticing? boom move side to side? twisting?
how often you greasing? lol

rockman

so what kind of slop you guys noticing? boom move side to side? twisting?
how often you greasing? lol
grease 2-3 times a day
sideways slop
going to get worse when i start mulching
the tl12r2 might be a nice machine with the radial lift instead of the vertical lift

rockman

I have since brought another Takeuchi TL12V2 , bout 12 months ago , got 800 hours on it now , all using a 1000mm asphalt profiler head , slop is about the same , no issues with the machine

A. Garcia

Recent my dad bought a TL12V2 and has had a problem with the machine wanting to turn left without even moving the joystick. We didnt let that get in the way of work and just work that day. Well after working with the machine it didnt have the problem anymore. When we started it the next morning it starting wanting to turn left again. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem? Also the machine sounds like its still wanting to send hydraulic fluid even when we lock the hydraulics.