• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL12R2 or V2 vs Bobcat T870 vs Kubota SVL95

ccooper

I have a Takeuchi TL10V2 now and I'm gonna replace it with one of the three above. What's your opinion on these 3? I have had 3 Takeuchi's over the past 10 years (150, 240 and now the 10) and I generally like them, but I've always kinda wanted to try Bobcat and Kubota. The Doosan engine worries me a little in the Bobcat. I've heard they had some trouble with them earlier and I don't know if they got that worked out. I'm gonna purchase new, so discuss current issues. Mostly use on my farm (lots of bush hogging with a 6' Brushcat) and some with my business moving heavy office trailers around on job sites so the most lift capability is important. I favor the radial design, so that's why I included the R2, but I'm fine with a vertical lift since they have higher tipping loads and that's all the Bobcat and Kubota come in as far as I know. Thanks

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The engine in the Taki and Kubota are the same and both have had SCR issues. My Taki dealer here (same as Case dealer) has a TL12V2 that has been down for a year (store owned machine). I have not heard anything about Bobcat having issues, but I don't know anyone running them here (large frame/high hp), and have never seen a 870 working in real life. You don't see much on here about the newer large frame BC loaders that is probably a good sign. Sounds to me like lift capacity is the driver for you, any of these machines will have zero issues running a brush hog, especially a small one like that. The Bobcat is a comfortable machine to run. The EH is nice, ergonomically they are very good. The Taki 12V2 is just a beast. I gotta believe that it will outlift the other machines your looking at, but again, you want to put them to work and see for yourself.

ccooper

The engine in the Taki and Kubota are the same and both have had SCR issues. My Taki dealer here (same as Case dealer) has a TL12V2 that has been down for a year (store owned machine). I have not heard anything about Bobcat having issues, but I don't know anyone running them here (large frame/high hp), and have never seen a 870 working in real life. You don't see much on here about the newer large frame BC loaders that is probably a good sign. Sounds to me like lift capacity is the driver for you, any of these machines will have zero issues running a brush hog, especially a small one like that. The Bobcat is a comfortable machine to run. The EH is nice, ergonomically they are very good. The Taki 12V2 is just a beast. I gotta believe that it will outlift the other machines your looking at, but again, you want to put them to work and see for yourself.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing about the Taki outlifting the other two, but I believe the Bobcat won’t be beat by much. I’ve heard of the DEF issues with the Kubota engines, but I was hoping that was mostly figured out by now. I think Doosan had fuel issues in the beginning, but they got that figured out I think, so maybe I look at Bobcat more seriously.

skata

Bobcat has some nice quiet cabs. The reliability of the older models still scares me some.
One main thing is after using the hydraulic over hydraulic controls on the Takeuchi, I found the Bobcat electric controls to have more delay, Less feel. Kubota are hydraulic though.
Oh and last I checked, Bobcat cost a lot more. Is that still the same?

ccooper

Bobcat has some nice quiet cabs. The reliability of the older models still scares me some.
One main thing is after using the hydraulic over hydraulic controls on the Takeuchi, I found the Bobcat electric controls to have more delay, Less feel. Kubota are hydraulic though.
Oh and last I checked, Bobcat cost a lot more. Is that still the same?

Yes, so far Kubota is the lowest price, with Takeuchi in the middle and Bobcat the highest. The Bobcat salesman said they were being really aggressive though with competitive machine customers and with the 4th quarter, so we'll see. I love Tak controls and their responsiveness, so I definitely gotta demo the Bobcat to compare. I've ran a few over the years on job sites and while they seemed a little slower, I don't think I couldn't get used to it. What do you mean the reliability of the older models...when the Doosan engines first were used?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I think you will find that that BC EH has come a long way. They used to have a delay, but I have not found that to be the case in their recent models.

skata

What do you mean the reliability of the older models...when the Doosan engines first were used?
The earlier tracked machines were having a lot of issues with the drive motors. I'm not sure how stout they are now.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
We have a 95-2S. It’s a very strong machine.we have toted some unbelievably large pecan and oak trees with it. Cab isn’t the quietest but it’s roomy and the sliding door is the way to go! We have right at 600 hrs. It’s been a good machine so far. The ac works really well. It will keep you cool at any temp even running a mulcher. I don’t like anything wth def but so far no issues with this one. I think low idling is what causes a lot of the problems with them. Biggest problem with the kubota imho is trying debri getting in engine bay. It’s a terrible design. You can’t keep it clean. Constant battle. The price on the Kubota’s is very competitive. I d buy another one but I’d look at the wacker neuson as well. I’ve heard good things about them.

ccooper

We have a 95-2S. It’s a very strong machine.we have toted some unbelievably large pecan and oak trees with it. Cab isn’t the quietest but it’s roomy and the sliding door is the way to go! We have right at 600 hrs. It’s been a good machine so far. The ac works really well. It will keep you cool at any temp even running a mulcher. I don’t like anything wth def but so far no issues with this one. I think low idling is what causes a lot of the problems with them. Biggest problem with the kubota imho is trying debri getting in engine bay. It’s a terrible design. You can’t keep it clean. Constant battle. The price on the Kubota’s is very competitive. I d buy another one but I’d look at the wacker neuson as well. I’ve heard good things about them.

Thanks for your review. That's good news that I'm looking for that you've got 600 hrs with no DEF issues running a mulcher. I ran one around the yard the other day at the Kubota dealership, and I agree that the cab isn't the quietest, but it's not awful either. The joysticks felt good and similar to my Taks. The ride felt a little rough compared to my TL10, but it wasn't too bad. I'm sure as far as quiet and ride, the Bobcat will be on top, but I also hate not being able to open the door unless the arm is down.

ccooper

It’s a great loader. It’s just a little underpowered (74 hp) and short tracked for running my 6’ Brushcat mower. It’ll do it, but I need a tax write off this year, so I figured I’d upsize now to save a chunk on taxes. When I say short tracked, I mean with my old style, long and heavy Brushcat mower, it gets a little tippy when crossing terraces and slopes while cutting.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
We also have a 6’ diamond mower that we use on the 95. It’s an awesome combination. U can lift cut and drive even in high speed and it won’t bog the hydraulics. It runs it effortlessly and the machine never heats up. It won’t heat up even running the mulcher in the heat of the day. Pretty amazing really. We had a couple ASV RC100’s prior to this. They were good units but didn’t come close to the 95-2s

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Never owned a Tak but I really like them a lot. Kubota Was less money had 0 down 0 interest (so they say). We could have paid cash and got an additional 4K off so there’s your zero interest lol.

ccooper

We also have a 6’ diamond mower that we use on the 95. It’s an awesome combination. U can lift cut and drive even in high speed and it won’t bog the hydraulics. It runs it effortlessly and the machine never heats up. It won’t heat up even running the mulcher in the heat of the day. Pretty amazing really. We had a couple ASV RC100’s prior to this. They were good units but didn’t come close to the 95-2s

That's where my 10 has problems with my mower. Lift, cut and drive, especially on a slope and it bogs. I had the TL150 several years back and it was a beast with the same size mower. I guess it spoiled me!

HeavyTech

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
The doosan engine has more advanced features vs the Kubota engine when it comes to diagnostics.