• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL126 wont shut off!!

msjones360

Ditto, "bobbcat." My TL26 won't shut off either and my mechanic says its the Engine Stop Solenoid, but I don't want to spend $400 on that if its just a relay.
If you figured out the problem on yours any input would be helpful.
Thanks,
MJ

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Once the power is cut, what is keeping the electric fuel pump pumping? Even if the selonoid wasn't functioning eventually the engine should stop due to starvation if the pump is no longer delivering fuel. And if thats still pumping, I'd be worried about why I had power when there shouldn't be any with the key off.

Ditto, "bobbcat." My TL26 won't shut off either and my mechanic says its the Engine Stop Solenoid, but I don't want to spend $400 on that if its just a relay.
If you figured out the problem on yours any input would be helpful.
Thanks,
MJ

msjones360

I never let it run long enough to see if it starves itself...I knew it was like that when I bought it and the previous owner showed me how to idle it down and stall it. Is there any way to test the solenoid just to make sure its not a less expensive relay?

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
The selonoid should be 12V, if you disconnect it from power and driectly jumper it, it should click (I'm not sure if that one is momentary or latching, but in any event, if it doesn't click at all, its probably dead.) When you first turn the key on before starting the machine, can you hear the electric fuel pump running?

I never let it run long enough to see if it starves itself...I knew it was like that when I bought it and the previous owner showed me how to idle it down and stall it. Is there any way to test the solenoid just to make sure its not a less expensive relay?

msjones360

It is up at my mechanics. I'll have to ask him to try jumping it. Thanks for the tip.
As for the fuel pump, I'm not sure as I never really listened for it, but it always cranks right up.

msjones360

Also, would anyone know where I can find these Takeuchi Parts at a decent price...not sure on the solenoid yet, but do need the other two. Used is fine as long as they work.
1998 Takeuchi TL26 (TL26-2) Serial# 2620198 or 2620798 (kind of hard to read)
I need the following parts:
Engine Stop Solenoid: Part # I8-94453-3411
Left Pilot Valve: # 1901723300
Left Joystick Boot: # 1901710941

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
There is a Tak dealer in Georgia that I have followed on FB for a while:
519 Bonnie Valentine Way
Pendergrass, Georgia 30567
(706) 693-3600

Just to warn you in advance, Takeuchi support of older gear is pretty bad, a lot of the OEM's don't support them past ten years, sometimes less. For example, the track motor in my tb25 is shot, and I can't get gears for it. On the bright side, there are replacments for pretty much anything else if you look around a bit. (My fuel pump for example is from Kubota, same PSI........)

Also, would anyone know where I can find these Takeuchi Parts at a decent price...not sure on the solenoid yet, but do need the other two. Used is fine as long as they work.
1998 Takeuchi TL26 (TL26-2) Serial# 2620198 or 2620798 (kind of hard to read)
I need the following parts:
Engine Stop Solenoid: Part # I8-94453-3411
Left Pilot Valve: # 1901723300
Left Joystick Boot: # 1901710941

msjones360

Thanks, Jillie2. I talked to them and they actually do have everything in stock for it. I'm going to search around a bit, but at least its there if I have to buy new.
Thanks again for your help.
MJ

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Not a problem, at least they have it, so thats an option. B-)

Thanks, Jillie2. I talked to them and they actually do have everything in stock for it. I'm going to search around a bit, but at least its there if I have to buy new.
Thanks again for your help.
MJ