• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL 240 Died and won't crank

Cory Baxter

Down2earth where did you find what the flash codes mean. My Tl240 is doing the no cranks have power but my light is flashing 6 times

skata

Can someone please tell me where the fuel solenoid would be on takeuchi tl240 cant get the engine to start thanks
Well on a tl140 the best access is from below, remove the belly plate. I've had my wiring connector at the solenoid get corroded and cause issues. I just direct wired it.

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
Well on a tl140 the best access is from below, remove the belly plate. I've had my wiring connector at the solenoid get corroded and cause issues. I just direct wired it.
How did you direct wire it? Do you mean that you eliminated the connector? I have a TL130 that won’t pull in the stop solenoid. But i also think i have a bad alternator.

Last edited:

skata

How did you direct wire it? Do you mean that you eliminated the connector? I have a TL130 that won’t pull in the stop solenoid. But i also think i have a bad alternator.
Yeah I just cut the connector ends off and connected the wires together.
Not sure how an alternator would affect a fuel solenoid.
You check for voltage at the fuel solenoid?

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
Yeah I just cut the connector ends off and connected the wires together.
Not sure how an alternator would affect a fuel solenoid.
You check for voltage at the fuel solenoid?
Yes, i have 12 volts on the hold and nothing on the pull wire with key on or cranking. It should be momentarily, to pull in, but i have nothing.

skata

Yes, i have 12 volts on the hold and nothing on the pull wire with key on or cranking. It should be momentarily, to pull in, but i have nothing.
Not sure what pull and hold mean, but your solenoid should be energized when the key is turned, and stay on, until you turn key off.