• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL 140 safety relay

Chris Lewis

Can someone tell me how to rest the safety relay, as soon as I turn key I pop lever lock fuse I can unplug green wire on the safety relay and it will not pop fuse but it will not start either I can plug it in and it will start but pops fuse I can unplug proximity switch with safety relay plugged in and it will not pop fuse till you put safety/lap bar down.

PeterG

Occupation
Landscape Construction, General Contractor
Lot's of talk about this issue on this site, search TL130 lap belt, safety replay. In general, the connection in the relay is bad, which if opened up can be re-soldered. I opted to just replace one of the relays and it solved my issue on my Tl130. Once you have a new one, you can try it in either location (The TL130 has two safety relays on the front kickboard area). Not sure if your issue is a bad safety relay, but safety relays going bad seems to be the norm

Chris Lewis

Replaced relay, lever lock relay and lever lock solenoid
I can’t find in service manual where it talks about safety relay and it’s $450 ouch!

heymccall

I can unplug proximity switch with safety relay plugged in and it will not pop fuse till you put safety/lap bar down.

Confused...if the proximity switch is disconnected, doesn't that mean that the lap bar position is now considered up, regardless of its position?

Please clarify.

Chris Lewis

If I disconnect proximity switch it will not blow fuse if I plug it in either up or down with proximity switch plugged in and bar up it is good with bar down it blows fuse
I’m assuming it is a short on the green/white or red/black wire but I can seem to find it.

heymccall

The relay with a "SW" on it, in position "C", not the one in position "F".Screenshot_20230301-170156_Drive.jpg
And, green wire on "safety relay"?

What happens if you undo the White wire from the SW relay?

Chris Lewis

If I remove plug with green/white and white and black on F it does not blow fuse
Not sure I know what you mean about green wire on safety relay ( I don’t see that relay)
Also on F relay if I plug the 3 wire harness in and unplug the 4 wire harness red/black black/brown dots. White/blue Blue/black it will not blow fuse
Sore electrical is not my strong suit

Chris Lewis

Could I have blown C and F relay
Was having problems with it bowing fuse so I bought C and F relays and replaced did not fix problem so I started looking for a bad wire the only one I found was the GW green/white wire melted on exhaust repaired and was hoping it fixed problem but it didn’t I have swapped B and C and E and F but still have the issue

Chris Lewis

There is a white plug in this area if I unplug it it does not blow the fuse but then it will not start

Attachments

• 8789115F-EB9A-4897-A6DC-B848108998D1.jpeg
    8789115F-EB9A-4897-A6DC-B848108998D1.jpeg
    973 KB · Views: 18

Chris Lewis

Don’t the red/black and green/white go to lever lock relay and lever sw relay then to the lever lock solenoid and arm float relay

heymccall

The white plug in your circle above...can you see if it goes to that large control valve?
If it does, that's the float solenoid.

Toddgarage

Occupation
Construction, welding/fabrication, operator
This brings back memories. Had a TL140 with this same issue. Used to kick the panel and work the poor machine hard the rest of the day.
However; I remember doing relays and checking fuses and doing all that. Eventually discovered the battery terminals were loose. That helped significantly reduce the frequency of safety relay issues.

Chris Lewis

Update replaced service proportional controller and she is back up and running only problem is I shorted the stop solenoid so waiting on new one , got a jumper wire on it for now.

Daniel Fennig

Hello, I am having the same problem right now but it pops fuses intermittently while running the aux hydraulics, i would greatly appreciate some guidance as i am stuck on a job right now, if you could call me at 260two 0 two nine 0 five five when ever you have a few minutes that would be great, thanks, Daniel