• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi tb235 decel problems

I have a takeuchi tb235 machine that I need some help with. I bought the machine used last year and it had this issue when I bought it. This is a canopy machine, as soon as the key is turned on all of the gauge cluster lights cycle off like they are supposed to except the decel light it stays on. I can turn the decel light off with the switch. The decel and auto decel all works fine except for Everytime the key is turned on the machine is automatically in decel mode which I don't believe is how it's supposed to be. I have replaced several parts pertaining to the decel operation with no luck. Can anyone give me any ideas. Thanks Matt.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Matt
Found this in the archives hope it is of help.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Takeuchi.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 24

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Matt
Checked out the wiring see attached not so much information on the question you have but we suspect that is how it is designed to work.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Takeuchi witring.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
So you are thinking that Everytime the machine is started it defaults to decel mode? Can anyone else maybe who has one of these machines confirm this?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Yes Matt that appears be the case from what i can see you could switch the relay cables that may mean that the lamps works in the opposite way, I do not suppose that this is a result of the relay being replaced for example.
KR
Uffex

I'm not so sure thats correct. Just seems odd to me that machine would be in decel mode Everytime it is started. I could be wrong though.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Matt
Taken the liberty of asking the question to Takeuchi UK service department they confirm the answer we gave you please see attached email for your observation.
Kind regards
Uffex

Subject: Re: TB235 Attention of service department

Date: 15 March 2019 at 13:51:55 GMT

To: Trevor Stewart <Trevor.Stewart@takeuchi-mfg.co.uk>

Thank you Trevor much appreciated

On 15 Mar 2019, at 10:58, Trevor Stewart <Trevor.Stewart@takeuchi-mfg.co.uk> wrote:

Good morning Tim,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes this is correct, the machine will start in deceleration mode, as a safety feature.

Please see attached article from the operator manual.

Kind Regards,

Trevor Stewart

UK Service Manager

www.takeuchi-mfg.co.uk

Tel: 01706 657722 ext. 4018

Fax: 01706 657744

Unit E2(b)

John Boyd Dunlop Drive

Kingsway Business Park

Rochdale

OL16 4NG

To: Info <info@takeuchi-mfg.co.uk>

Subject: TB235 Attention of service department

Good day Takeuchi

Can you please answer a straight forward question regarding the TB235 excavator auto-deacearation system if in fact at start up the default is that the auto-deacelation is active and has to be switched to the off position to disable?

Appreciate your time and attention look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

Have a good day

Tim Harlow

<TB235 AUTO DECELERATION.pdf>

Attachments

• TB235 AUTO DECELERATION.pdf
    199.3 KB · Views: 20