• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB035!! new to me have some questions

Fourtencustoms

new hose in place
171_151949_020000000.jpg

Turbo leak fixed
171_151949_030000002.jpg

Coming along! Two more leaks solved
I see wetness below the injection valves....going to monitor this
171_151949_030000001.jpg

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Where the lines hook-up?? Or the banjo bolts??
Either leak is doable.. IF its the top, at the delivery valve holders.. remove the steel lines, loosen the 2 keepers & retighten the holders to 35 FTLBS.. Tighten the keepers, reinstall the lines.. blow off the area w. compressed air & Brake Clean.. & test run it..
IF its the banjo bolts, its just a gasket leaking.. u can either try to snug'm up a little or get new ones..
U dont have to use Yanmar gaskets.. Bosch gaskets are more easily available.. 2 916 710 608,
2 for each bolt..

Fourtencustoms

It appeared to be the lines, the banjo bolts are dry
The wetness was there after trying to start (extended cranking) and after doing leak repairs, it is possible it came from the block after I installed the new oil pressure sensor, fuel filter and pump, turbo oil line... I will let you know if it returns.

I cleaned the area yesterday and will watch it
I am used to replacing and servicing seals on diesel engines! I own and customize 3 ea 7.3 trucks.......the 7.3 has so many seals and O rings there is a spreadsheet

I know I have a dipstick seal leak and the oil pan leaks, oil filter slightly, otherwise I have them all under control

Thank you for the tips!

Looking at pics of TB035 online it appears I am missing a shround that goes around the radiator area? (spearate it from the engine bay slightly or direct air through coolers?)
Also I know the intake air is coming from the engine bay when it should be getting fresh cool air.
I plan to dig into this more, pun intended

Fourtencustoms

Out of curiosity what would it take to add hydraulics to this existing manual thumb?
Thanks ahead of time

171_221241_330000000.jpg

171_221241_340000001.jpg

171_221241_340000002.jpg

My guess is I need a small hydro cylinder of correct size and pressure, the lines to feed it, additional foot pedal and adjust the line pressure? Something along those lines?

Fourtencustoms

First I am going to try this today:

Where the lines hook-up?? Or the banjo bolts??
Either leak is doable.. IF its the top, at the delivery valve holders.. remove the steel lines, loosen the 2 keepers & retighten the holders to 35 FTLBS.. Tighten the keepers, reinstall the lines.. blow off the area w. compressed air & Brake Clean.. & test run it..
IF its the banjo bolts, its just a gasket leaking.. u can either try to snug'm up a little or get new ones..
U dont have to use Yanmar gaskets.. Bosch gaskets are more easily available.. 2 916 710 608,
2 for each bolt..

Thanks pumpguysc!!
Thanks Heymcall also you guys have been awesome!

Ordered a new waterpump, I am going to remove and clean the radiator, replace the thermostat and water pump at the same time. Machine is running pretty well once it starts, but tracking around the water temp will reach 230.
I am 99% sure the hard starting is a weak/inop injection pump.
If I can fix the rest of the leaks and get the water temp down then I can justify the $650-1000 to have the pump rebuilt.
Hopefully my thinking is correct and I can revive this Yanmar.... maybe over the winter I will remove it and refresh the engine while the pump and injectors are sent in for rebuild

heymccall

My TB035 ran stupid hot (sold years ago), and so did my TB53FR.
On my TB53FR, I put a smaller water pump pulley on to get the fan speed up. Doesn't heat up anymore, even on 10 hour shifts. Screenshot_20190523-140640_Gmail.jpg

Batkom

Looks like the hydraulic lines for accessories / thumb are already ran out to your stick.
You need to trace them and figure out what valve they are running to.
It would seem odd to me that they would have run the lines out to the stick and not have provided the valve and a means of using these lines.
I enjoyed your posts, I fully appreciate all you are doing! I purchased an old Komatsu a year and a half back to replace a John Deere 60G That I really should have kept - but could not justify that nice of a machine sitting more than working after a business change.
The Komatsu had the wiring really hacked up, and many things bailing wired together, I have enjoyed going thru it and bringing it back into really nice shape. This is the third excavator I have owned, and it’s the smoothest operating one - maybe because it’s older and a little slower, so it’s easier to be smooth?
This site has been invaluable with info!

Fourtencustoms

I am pretty sure the aux lines are controlled by the extra "stick" or foot pedal lever coming out of the floor?

Thank you very much! You guys don't know me yet but what I do is get old crap and fix it up to suit my needs. I have been building custom Ford trucks for over 20 years, I also do all sorts of snowmobile, atv, utv, whatever. If it has an engine I like to work on it. I also design elevators for the worlds tallest buildings, that is my day job. I pretty much grew up a boy scout and always wanted to get back into the woods, running a few different business from the house my wife and I always found it hard to get the time to go camping or wheeling, so our goal was to just work from home and eventually live where we camp. Now we are here! We re located from mountains outside of Denver (9000') to way North Idaho in 2018....it took 13 one way trips to get all of the family (9 of us) and stuff re located. Now we have been here almost 18 months and starting to get really serious about fixing this place up.
The equipment makes it possible to maintain the road and property, build all the things we are after, and get the kids to school even during long winters with tons of snow. I am sure you know the drill since you are also in Idaho!
I have heard good things about the komatsu excavators, I was after one of those when the Takeuchi came up for WAY Cheaper. We went and took a look at the Tak, and when I saw it ran and everything worked I looked right past all the hacks/leaks, the previous owners had done, knowing given the time and knowledge we could whip her back into working condition. It is always nice to know I could sell her for more then I paid, our investment is safe. I plan to keep this machine forever, I have a tendency to do that, I have been daily driving a 1988 Bronco II for like 20 years!

Where can I see your Komatsu project?
I have learned alot on this forum in the short time here, I look forward to contributing where I can and most importantly keeping this old stuff going for generations to come.......

Fourtencustoms

171_240910_320000000.jpg

Moose approved land changes

Progress
171_240910_330000003.jpg

Neighbors helping move slash
171_240910_320000001.jpg

new cold air intake I cobbled together, previously it was sucking air from on top of the radiator, I managed to get the intake to a more clean cool air friendly location
171_240910_330000004.jpg

Getting ready to install push button grid heater, I had all of this stuff (aside from the heater) lying around the shop intended for other projects that never happened!!
171_240910_330000002.jpg

Batkom

2C098BA5-5112-4C99-B117-2F800A7DC4F5.jpeg I thought that foot pedal might be for the auxiliary lines, but I was not sure as your machine also has a side pivot boom-which is often controlled by that foot pedal.
My winter project on it this year is under” Komatsu pc75uu2 offset boom to std one piece boom “
Here’s a picture of when I got it December 2017

Fourtencustoms

yes the side pivot boom is really nice for unloading the trailer or digging the trench! It works great too.
I was talking about the stick coming up through the floor with no pedal on it? (next to the side pivot control)
Is that the aux control or am I on glue?

171_221241_340000002.jpg

That is an impressive machine you have there! They always look so cool when they are inside a building
I will search out your build thread
As I understand it your machine there is quite powerful! Your ex can probably pickup my ex
This 33 hp Tak (probably more like 20 hp right now?) can do amazing things I can only imagine what the larger ones can do.
i was after a 35-40 hp machine, should be perfect for our homestead back here in the woods.
I really like the Tak for the price we paid..I just hope I can restore her to her former glory (rebuild or repower?) I'm still hopeful I can get this thing up to snuff without a major overhaul, pretty much the story of my life.

Last edited:

Batkom

I did not notice the other rod coming thru the floor, but that is a high probability. Trace the lines n it will become clear!
I did not really detail everything I did on that machine-just that boom stuff.
And I did so much to it I think it would take a book!
I may take the time and add that info to the boom thread, don’t want to sidetrack yours anymore!

Fourtencustoms

@pumpguysc It is the holders or "delivery valve" that are leaking, looks like all 3 of them. I did what you said and removed the keepers and fuel lines, then loosened the valves, finally re torqued them down to 35 ft lbs

I cleaned the area and had it dry, fired up the machine and it was quite obvious where the diesel was coming from. Under the holders, there is an O ring in there.
Where can I get replacements? I will try to find the part number in my book!

I was glad to have this 19mm high clearance socket made for mag wheels, it came in handy for loosening and re torquing the holders.

Last edited:

Fourtencustoms

171_241708_530000000.jpg

the nuts are actually 3/4" but this socket worked in a pinch

leak came right back:
171_241708_530000001.jpg

I think these are the O rings, looks like there are a few small parts in there. Does anyone have a diagram of this valve assembly?
Thanks

o-ring-dvalve-yanmar.jpg

Fourtencustoms

I believe I have a micro fische here for my pump / similar pump
I would like to know if part 33 and 32 need to be replaced? Anyone have part numbers for the O ring (33) and the lower seal 32?

171_250926_310000000.jpg

Is 32 copper? If so I can likely re use