• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB016 Starter Removal

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Help! I have a 2003 Takeuchi TB016 that I need to replace the Starting motor. I have the service manual and the parts manual but no instructions on how to remove. I have disconnected the wires and removed the bolts. There seems to be no easy way to get it out either through the bottom ( I have removed the drop panel), or the rear panel behind the seats. The header pipe cannot be removed. Anyone have direct experience with this on this model machine? Should I order an OEM one, or have it rebuilt? We have a pretty good local business that does rebuilding. Starter says Hitachi on it. Just can't seem to slide it out somehow. What needs to be removed?

RPF207

Occupation
Lineman
Would removing the engine mount bolts and trying to push the engine towards the rear gain you any room?

I have a hitachi 35 with a similar engine set up and once the bolts are out I have room to move the engine a bit. Although I have enough room to remove the starter anyways.

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
I did manage to get it out. In the end I had to remove a metal hydraulic line cap, removing four bolts. Then it came out easily. I was just hoping I was missing a more easier method. I took it to a local shop that rebuilt it for $65.00 here in Kent WA. I will install it on Saturday.