1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

takeuchi 230 series 2 skid steer

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by turbotoys, Sep 16, 2021.

1. turbotoys

turbotoys Member

Hello
    So i noticed a lack of power and eventually machine would stall, now it seems like it willl start every once in a while but when I increase the load it stalls. I inspected fuel filter and it appeared to have a little water in it, I then drained the water seperator on back door. I also pumped about 9 gallons of fuel out of the tank. Then replaced filter, and a couple of gallons of diesel. It would start up again but stall stall out after a short time. I did notice the water seperator did not fill all the way back up and I am wondering if the self priming pump is starting to fail. Is there a set pressure I should get at the discharge of that pump? The water seperator is see through and it seems like it takes a long time for that to fill up.
    Thanks for reading. Let me know your thoughts/ ways to proceed.
    Jim

2. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Check your suction line for a restriction before you do anything else. Also check for suction leaks on the suction side of the supply pump.

mg2361 likes this.
  3. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

Vetech63 likes this.