1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Take your kid to work

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Vetech63, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Well, Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought it would be pretty cool. Its always nice to see pics of peoples kids working with them in this industry.....especially women. I have 2 kids, my son is 36 and was never interested in heavy equipment. He was always a BIG people person and is very successful in appliance sales and makes 150K a year doing so. My daughter on the other hand always wanted to go when the opportunity came around and she has gone with me many times, especially when she was young. I would let her clean parts, chase threads, do some bolt torqueing, etc……...and I would do the more technical stuff.
    Now that she is 32, she has decided that it would be nice to spend more time with dad so we have decided to work together once or twice a week. She is responsible for 3 of my 9 grandkids, so there will be times she cant make it due to school or doc visits but we are going to make the best of it.
    I hope to find some older pictures of her doing this stuff, but I fear they may all be lost. So....I am making this my first installment!
    JD 544J......replacement of fuel injectors. I supervised, she did ALL the work. OK, I did assist with hood removal and things that needed 2 people to move. I hope others will share their pics and/or experiences. If this thread needs moved to another category, please do so. kid1.jpg kid2.jpg kid3.jpg Still very proud of her! Looking forward to posting more!

AzIron, td25c, Junkyard and 1 other person like this.
  2. AzIron

AzIron Well-Known Member

This kid loves being around whatever I am doing he has figured out that pulling controls makes things move when we are in the backhoe I hope it keeps up this way 1453.jpeg 20181002_164333.jpg

3. AzIron

AzIron Well-Known Member

Mom found these the other day I am pretty sure that was in 92 i loved growing up that way 20180623_191650.jpg

4. Canadian_digger

Canadian_digger Senior Member

IMG_2389.PNG IMG_7236.JPG I think the smiles say it all!

Tinkerer, Vetech63, sled dog and 3 others like this.
  5. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    9BEF550B-401B-403E-A864-12C3F6ABFD82.jpeg

EA4C3353-8082-4B27-A73E-FA59FCAC3FC7.jpeg

My youngest hasn’t made it out to the field with me yet but he sure finds stuff to get into here at the shop. My oldest boy rides along from time to time.

Tinkerer, Vetech63, sled dog and 2 others like this.
  6. td25c

td25c Senior Member

" Spider Man " helping load the dirt blade on the lowboy .

100_3695.JPG 100_3703.JPG

Long hot day . LOL !

Tinkerer, Vetech63, sled dog and 3 others like this.
  7. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

My wife wasn't real happy when I told her we tested the new basket out with my test weight...

I figured I'd get some use out of all that food I've bought.

He's a senior in high school this year, he spent the summer framing houses.

20180704_114739.jpg

8. sled dog

sled dog Active Member

I didn't have a son, and I didn't try to make her one. She can be as much of a lady as any, but doesn't mind getting dirty, either... Scan0001.jpg IMG_0250.JPG

DB2, AzIron, Junkyard and 2 others like this.
  9. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Keep it up fellas! I'm heading to western Nebraska Monday morning to inspect some pipeline equipment for a customer, and daughter said SHES GOING TOO. She has already made arrangements for the kids and I told her she is going to have to pack light. She has made the trip with me before but its been quite a few years ago. All I need to do now is figure out how to keep her from screwing with the truck stereo. I should have some good pics late next week. Lets keep it up and make this the longest thread ever. LOL

sled dog and Tinkerer like this.