• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TA 30-7 ZF 6WG 310 oil leak help

Philip S King

Occupation
GC, BC, Mechanical , Electrical, Utilities
ZF6WG 310 has steady slow drip from hole/port to the left of rear output shaft. Any idea why it would leak here and how I might repair? Please see pictures. Thanks

Attachments

• 20240124_124248.jpg
    20240124_124248.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240124_124127.jpg
    20240124_124127.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 6

Philip S King

Occupation
GC, BC, Mechanical , Electrical, Utilities
I drew a blue circle on the hole / port on the transmission case picture. It will not help to get a picture of the front because the hole is on the back. I spoke with a ZF rebuilder today
He told me that inside the hole is a 10×70 socket head cap screw. As I suspected.

There is only a few inches between the transmission and the frame at this location. I spent a couple hours today trying to pull out what seems to be a plug of silicone. The silicone is blocking the bolt. Seems the transmission has been out before. I am worried the bolt is loose and would like to check it. But I have about given up . The clearance between the frame and hole is only 3.5 to 4 inches. I might give it one more try.

The hole is about 10" to the right of the output saft and about level with the top of the output shaft.

Any ideas on getting the silicone out of the 3" deep 5/8 diameter hole?

I might remove the left steer cylinder on this terex Ta 30-7 to improve may access.

Thanks

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Philip,
are you talking about the red hole or the one above? All three are soemthing with M10x?
The upper bolt holes are closed with plastic caps to avoid trapped water during transport.

Attachments

• 6WG310hintenunten.JPG
    6WG310hintenunten.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 2

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi again Philip,

as far as I remember these bolts are supposed to fix the internal suction chamber.
Leakage from there is either a loose or lost or broken bolt. As long as there is no excessive noise from pump when warm I'd just try to tighten bolt, allen head. And try to seal with silicon or similar.
Some pump noise when cold and higher rpm is normal.