• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T870 bobcat

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
New or Used ??? ……. I had to buy one for my A-300 a few yrs ago …. IT WAS Very Pricey, at the time ….. But having it now for the time i've had it ! …… "Worth every Penny Spent !!! " ….

You have to appreciate tho, that it is an "APPROVED" ROPS / FOPS cab guarding package (it has the approval certification Tag and number mounted on the top rear corner) ….. the Steel plate on the top, protecting the roof is 3/8" thick ….. Be prepared to have an over head lifting device or crane to install it !!! ….. I used my excavator ….. the thing is not a 2-man lift-up and install item …. LOL

If my memory serves me correct Retail (back in '08) was over $6000 ….. but also keep in mind the Kit comes complete with : 1) Rear top deck screen 2) Exhaust Pipe Guard 1/4" thick plate 3) side Panels that protect the Lift Hyd Rams 4) rear tailgate steel framed Lexan guards over the tail lights 5) over Cab Protection 6) Steel framed Lexan forward Headlight Protectors 7) Lexan Rear window c/w a pull out cable 8) Boom Hyd Coupler guarding/hyd hose holder ass'y ….… 9) Last but not Least …. A complete Door assembly c/w 3/4" Mar-guard (bullet proof) wind shield, the door is also built to release the hinge pins from inside the cab while sitting in the seat (for entrapment purposes) …. be prepared for the weight of that puppy Too, it's very awkward to handle when installing … the door also comes with an oversized Hyd Gas charged cyl to assist in opening the door because of it's extra weight and it also comes with Steel replacement hinges …. the OEM ones that hold the stock door are Plastic … who would have guess'd ….

So when you SEE the price Tag for the first time IT's SCARY ……. I got mine from the dealer that had set up a short term Rent on a T-330 that had the Bcat Drum mulcher …it had only been used for a Month, so it was like brand new ….. again from what I can remember was around $4000 used ……. Hope this gives you a better insight of what the package involves …..

Ohh … PS …. the Cab Guard does really work TOO … lately i've had the task of taking down standing Beetle kill Pines with a buncher attachment (tree shear with grab arms) …. i've had 3 of them snap off 1/2 way up and land on the cab … NOT EVEN a scratch ….. LOL and it is also a great way to install extra LED Lighting on the cab … OEM lights SUCK !!! …. LOL …… Cheers for now !

Last edited: