• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

t300 headlights?

TIredoldparts

my t300 had busted up headlights when I got it. I bought led's to replace them. they come on and work, until you start to move it forward and it will blow the fuse. is there any known wear points in the wiring harness I should check out? I didn't see any bare wires when I plugged them in but I guess I need to recheck that area carefully. Thanks

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
The harnesses are a high maintenance item on those. Especially where they transition from hood to frame.

Txhayseed

You need to flip the cab up. Right where the harness sits on the top of the chain case it is zip tied to a plastic holder. The wiring harness rubs right in that area on the steering linkage. ID would check the harness right in that area and where it goes down to feed the handle harness. If its blowing a fuse once you start moving and not till then its probably right in that area. Happens alot

Last edited: