• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T190 troubles

1fastmofo

so I paid a guy to rebuild my t190. It smokes when I pick it up. He said the fuel pump was bad so I replaced it, still smokes I noticed the turbo I bought was the wrong one the outlet faces forward, it was dumping oil in the intake, I rerouted the line so it wasn't crimped. Seemed to improve. It smokes really bad when it starts up and smokes while in operation but not as bad... I'm in a bind and need it to function until I can take the engine out myself and find the problem. Today it starts to rev on it's on if I get out of the machine for a second. It won't do it while I'm operating only if I get out of the machine. I also noticed I have an oil leak and the base of the injection pump mounting flange... I was also told the filter bad can make em smoke... I replaced it too... any thoughts?

Vetech63

1. What engine is this?
2. Does the engine lack power?
3. How much smoke and what color is it?
4. Do you hear the turbo wind up under a heavy load?
5. What exactly was done on this engine overhaul?
6. Fuel pump replaced meaning the supply pump? ….or the injector pump?
7. Was the overhaul done by a reputable company? …..or shadetree?
8. Does the engine start easily? ……..or does it crank forever?
I noticed the turbo I bought was the wrong one the outlet faces forward, it was dumping oil in the intake, I rerouted the line so it wasn't crimped.
I'm not really understanding this statement.
10. What year model is this machine?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
"any thoughts"?? Yeah.. u got screwed.. any guy w/ a brain wouldn't let the work go out the door & tell the customer that it has a problem & u need to change "this".
The reason HE didn't change it is he knew it wouldn't fix the problem..
The revving could be the oil in the turbo getting sucked into the intake & burning it like fuel. I dam sure wouldn't run it like that..
U never know when the rest of the oil is gonna let go & dump into the intake.!!!
THEN u gotta a grenade between your legs.. & nothing left to repair..

Vetech63

"any thoughts"?? Yeah.. u got screwed.. any guy w/ a brain wouldn't let the work go out the door & tell the customer that it has a problem & u need to change "this".
The reason HE didn't change it is he knew it wouldn't fix the problem..
The revving could be the oil in the turbo getting sucked into the intake & burning it like fuel. I dam sure wouldn't run it like that..
U never know when the rest of the oil is gonna let go & dump into the intake.!!!
THEN u gotta a grenade between your legs.. & nothing left to repair..
LMAO....You are so eloquent with words! I continue to enjoy your posts! ;)

heymccall

Probably a 1011 deitz. Oil cooled, no coolant, just a large engine oil cooler.

One lift pump and four individual injector pumps driven off camshaft. Special tooling required to set cam/ crank timing at timing belt install time. Eloquently simple, yet complicated, German engineering.

1fastmofo

It's a v2403 kubota. It was a shade tree mechanic. I brought an entire engine overhaul kit. What was it wasn't done I don't know. He said the lift pump was bad. Yea it was a bad situation I'm trying to move forward with help from this board . I can't comment if it's lacking power never operated one prior to this. Smokers white/gray in my opinion. It starts very easily and no I do not hear the turbo spooling

1fastmofo

Machine is a 2005 the turbo outlet was facing forward of the machine instead of backward like the original turbo did, the mechanic rerouted the tube with a 90' hose, it was partially crimped off so I put another hose on it so it could get the proper air flow.

Vetech63

You need to do some more diagnosis.
1. Remove the inlet hose from your intake manifold and see if there is evidence of engine oil there. It should be dry and free from oil on the intake side of the turbo.
2. Remove the exhaust pipe from the outlet side of the turbo...…...it should also be dry and free from oil.

This should help identify whether you have an oil or fueling issue (or compression).

Oil in the intake side will come from the turbo itself through the shaft seals. Oil in the outlet side can be from the shaft seals also, but can be coming from a cylinder exhaust port too. The mistake I have seen on most Kubota rebuilds is putting new rings on wavy liners...…...they will rarely seal and consume a lot of oil.

1fastmofo

Turbo output side is dry, the oil leaking around the base of the injector pump mating surface has be wondering if the injectors could be injecting oil into the motor? I'm not very familiar with diesel mechanics. I'm going to buy a compression test as well. You mention a fuel issue, the electric fuel pump if it's bad would it run?

1fastmofo

What I though was oil coming from the top of the injection housing looks like it's comeing from the intake, so it's either a valvtrain/head issue or compression correct? Because I only see it on one intake bellow

Vetech63

What I though was oil coming from the top of the injection housing looks like it's comeing from the intake, so it's either a valvtrain/head issue or compression correct? Because I only see it on one intake bellow
correct!

rondig

Occupation
excavation
Wow...i never rebuild kubota engines....they are tough....run a long time...but when they are done...i throw them away....they are cheaper to buy whole then rebuild...we tried to rebuild at first a d always had problems....sleeves are not wet..so to rebuild need to take to machine shop....not worth the time...new 2403 is 5500 cnd here complete drop in...v3800 for 8500 cnd..we have used kubota engines in every drill.we.build