• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T-190 shuts down

geeboy67

our t-190 just started to shut down after using it 2-3 hours ,it will start right back up, but shut down again . if you let it sit for an hour it will run for a good hour . let it sit over night and it'll run 2-3 hours again then same senario. seems like a temperature problem but temp. is fine ,also oil level is fine . could there be a temp sensor going bad that is doing this? if so, where would it be located at ? any help would be appreciated .

rick342

Just solved this on my Bobcat 610. I chased it for years. It was a bad temp sensor, Small wire pluged into a sensor on the top of the motor, 1 each side. I have a Wisconsin Air-cooled.
Hope this helps!!
Rick

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Could be a sensor. I had one on a 763 the other day that had a wire pushed back in the plug at the oil pressure switch and was showing low oil pressure. What service code is it erroring out on? I would think if a sensor was bad that it would always error out though. Have you checked the condition of the coolers? Are they clean. T190 has the hydraulic fan drive right? Is it coming on? JJ

Diggedirt

Occupation
Owner operator
One possible solution.

Geeboy,
I had the same symptoms with my skid loader and it turned out to a bad fuel shut-off solenoid. I pulled it out and tested the plug terminals with a test light to make sure there was not a short between the key and solenoid. I plugged the solenoid back in and turned the key to "On" and the rod popped in. I was wondering what could be wrong when the solenoid began to get warmer sitting in my hand. ( I had a brief flashback to the grenade range in the military and almost gave it a toss. If a grenade gets warm the fuse is burning :eek:) The rod popped back out and would only retract after it cooled off.
I hope you find the solution quickly. It is aggravating to have a machine down.

bill onthehill

My first thought would be oil pressure switch. The differing length of time almost suggests a fuel blockage problem. When was the fuel filter changed? I am about 30 miles up the road from you in Austinburg on the NY border.

Diggedirt

Occupation
Owner operator
Good point about the filter Bill,
I forgot to add that I had changed the filter when mine acted up. Change the least expensive parts first, right?