• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T-190 Heat-A/C

Hedge

Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Ag Operation
I bought an 05 T-190 back a earlier in the spring and never used the heat till the other day. I was trying to use the heat with the A/C on to take the steam out of the air. It didn't work like I had expected it would. As long as I ran the heat with the A/C switch off it made all kind of heat but with the A/C switch on it didn't thow much heat. Of course with the heat only on it was like a sweat shop in there. Is this normal or do I have something wrong with it? If so how do I fix it so it will work like most stuff with full heat and the A/C taking the humidity out of the air so the windows don't steam up? Thanks..

tacbob

It is normal. All bobcats do that. The way the hvac unit is set up is fan heater core and then evaporator. It cools the air out of the heater core and tends not to work so well. Not really a bit problem you will get use to it.

mrfixitpaul

If you keep the side windows open a little you should reduce the fogging. Also aiming one of the vents toward the door glass will help.

Hedge

Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Ag Operation
That stinks I had hoped I was doing something wrong, I'll try the window trick. I really like that T-190 it fits my operation very well and does all I ask of it. It has really impressive lifting capacity and is well balanced for it's size. It doesn't matter if its 3000lb pallets of block, brush mower, dirt bucket, grapple full of brush it really doesn't matter it just seems to do task at hand. Thanks...

excav8r

Occupation
Equipment Operator
i run t190 and s185 everyday and your best bet is actually to start the machine and let it run with heat on full for 10 or so minutes before you plan to use it. works well for not having foggy windows on rainy days and such. make sure you close the windows excpt for maybe a half inch otherwise moisture will trap between the two panes on your side windows. might be a sweat box when you first get going but turn the heat to a comfortable setting once your in and your fog problems are solved