• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Synchro Start Solenoids

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I had a Synchro Start fuel shutdown solenoid loose its smoke a few days ago on a trench compactor, brand doesn't matter, parts are expensive regardless of brand and a lot of machines/engines use some form of Synchro Start solenoid. Got on the OEM website to order a replacement. First of all, the dang thing was list $487, dealer cost was $341. The even worse part, they were on back order, would be a couple of weeks before one was available.

Ok, fine, picked up the phone and called Rick at Traycana, told him it was a Syncro Start but it had the OEM part number on it, couldn't do anything with that. So he says "send me a picture". Snapped a pic with a ruler next to it for size reference, shot it off to him in an email, and just a short time later he told me they have plenty of them on the shelf, $116 bucks each. Of course, since they're located in Canuckistan you have to pay a little more for shipping since it crosses the border, but it was still a heck of a lot less than OEM. Got the new solenoid today, perfect match.

So if you need a Synchro Start solenoid, get a quote from OEM, then get a quote from Traycana, you may find they'll save you some big bucks.

Traycana
866-790-6464
Rick Gledhill

20161115_145547.jpg

FSERVICE

thanks for the link, I have had that same problem just wasn't aware of who to outsource it to tho..

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
thanks for the link, I have had that same problem just wasn't aware of who to outsource it to tho..

Right you are FSERV, these solenoids are used on soooo many engines and machines, but one has no clue who to contact, that's why I posted this thread. Traycana is the North America distributor of Woodward/Synchro Start, and Rick is great to work with. And they typically are so much cheaper than OEM for the exact same part. I hope this thread helps someone save some bucks from their wallet. :)