• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Swamp Loggers

N.CarolinaDozer

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Want to remind everyone of Discovery Channel's new show Swamp Loggers that starts on Monday(June 15th) night at 10 pm. From the previews it looks awesome. :popcorn

tippatone

Occupation
Future heavy equipment operator
Im going to check it out for sure. Looks like some real mean machinery from the preview.

N.CarolinaDozer

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Well did anyone watch last night? I did and I think its going to be an interesting show. I didn;t even know they were filming it in North Carolina. The funny thing is I'm going down close to Wilmington next week, so I might try to find these guys one day while I'm down there.

hvy 1ton

I saw the extreme loggers episode last year and it was pretty cool. A lot less drama and bs than ax men, and the equipment is cooler. I like the new show even more than the extreme loggers. I really liked the snow, "a hurricane doesn't bother anyone, 3in of snow and the whole world comes to an end.

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Its on too late for me... man I'm only 26 when did 10pm become too late?!:beatsme

I taped it and got to finally watch it tonight. I thought it looked pretty good, but Murphy's Law just isn't their friend.

Heavyduty

Its on too late for me... man I'm only 26 when did 10pm become too late?!:beatsme

I taped it and got to finally watch it tonight. I thought it looked pretty good, but Murphy's Law just isn't their friend.

If I had to get up at 5am, you can best bet I would have missed it.:D

Heavyduty

Your still young, wait till you get close to 40. Things start to slow down after 35. :Banghead Looks like the economy is slowing down for the Swamp loggers. I hope they make it.:beatsme

atgreene

I watched an episode last week.

The owner talked about getting up early to beat the crew in to load out 3 trailers, he was going in at 6:30 am? :confused:

Since when was 6:30 early? If thats early and the crew starts later, what the heck time does the crew start? I've never seen a logging crew not start before 6 am, seems odd, especially when he's crying about production.

Around here the trucks start hauling at 3-4 am, cutting starts at 6, must be a southern thing?

HeyUvaVT

yea that struck me as odd as well...especially after watching the Pellitiers (spelling?) on American Loggers

atgreene

Yea, trucks can run early in Maine, but harvesting can't start until 6 am by law, due to noise. Maybe NC has different laws that limit harvesters?

sandnsnow

Occupation
adult babysitter
I can relate to the owner. My company has been going through the same troubles. I feel bad for them but it makes me step back and look at our own operations. The last episode gives me a knot in my stomach. I feel bad for them.

That was by far the best logging show on tv. NO drama just day to day operations and the troubles assocated with it in a bad timber market.