1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Svl95/2

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by southernman13, Jul 11, 2018.

1. southernman13

southernman13 Senior Member

Retired
    got a new one coming. Cab unit. Hope everyone don’t start posting what a hunk a chit they are now. I’ve been asking. Not a lot of feedback. Have heard of some DEF ISSUES. Fingers crossed

2. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Well-Known Member

Cool! Congratulations on the new machine! Post some pics of the cab and how it is laid out. We have a number of skid steers we use as wheel barrows mostly however we do have a 333 Deere that is not too bad a tool. However I feel like i have been working in a barley soda empty case when forced into a skid for a shift. Always looking for one that has a little more real estate for the operator.

05rammer likes this.
  3. southernman13

Retired
    Thanks we’ll do!

Mother Deuce likes this.
  4. Tags

Tags Senior Member

I have a 90-2for over five years and have just over 1100 hrs. on it now , but it doesn't have the DEF so I have no way to tell you if it he 95 is good or not… But I have had great luck with the 90-2... Best of luck with your new machine, from what I've seen of them, they look real nice

5. southernman13

Retired
    Thanks. Should get it soon

6. Bryangsu

Bryangsu New Member

Wanted to see how your liking your machine ?
    Likes and / dislikes ?

7. southernman13

Retired
    Well can’t really say yet. Haven’t had a chance to even use it yet. I’ve unloaded a trailer with the fork attachment and that’s it. Has a lot of power and fairly quiet. Ac is cold but not sure how it’s going to do mid were mulching in the heat of the day. The high fan doesn’t seem to be high enough really seems like it’s on medium. Probably the best two days we’ll be using it. I’ll report if so!

8. mowingman

mowingman Senior Member

Just had one rented, actually 3 of them, as the dealer never got even one to work correctly with the FAE mulcher. The A/C is cold, but blows weak. The in-cab and outside-cab filters for cab air are not very efficient. In fact, the in-cab filters are just plain junky. You need to order a LOT of spare filters for the A/C. You need to clean the in-cab and outside-cab air filters every day. The air in the cab does not pressurize the cab very well, so a lot of dust gets in the cab when mulching. The cab door does not seal well, again, dust pours in. One of the 3 machines went down as the DEF injector quit working. When the engine then derates to safe mode, you will not even have enough power to load the machine on a trailer. You will need to help by winching or pushing it on. The engine is very difficult to get at to fix anything, or to even blow out the dust from mulching. The DEF refill is behind a bolted on plate. To refill DEF, you have to take 3 bolts out and slide the plate out of the way. What idiot designed this feature? The door is an overhead garage door type, like JD has used. It is very inconvenient in my opinion, and hard to use. There is no emergency escape location for the cab. If the door jams in an emergency, you are going to probably die in the cab.
    All in all, not a well designed machine in my opinion. I would not rent another one for mulching, ever.
    Sorry for all the bad news, but the is my experience with that machine over a 3 week period.
    Jeff

9. lumberjack

lumberjack Senior Member

The steel plate over the DEF fill port was most likely added by the rental dealer to help prevent a renter from adding diesel, they're exposed from the factory.

The back glass has a tear away gasket for your alternate escape route.

The roll up door is the best feature of Tak/Kubota, but it is hard to seal.

CatToy and mikebramel like this.
  10. southernman13

Retired
    We should be trying ours out today. I hope we don’t have the same results you have had while mulching. I’ll let y’all know.

11. mowingman

mowingman Senior Member

Maybe the DEF fill cover is an option. The copy of the online owner's manual showed how to take it off.
    None of the 3 machines I had said anything about a back glass escape, and did not have instructions on or near the window.If you had to go out the back, it is likely you would get severe burns from the exhaust located right there. Of course, that would be better than dieing in the cab.
    I am surprised you like the cab door. It seemed clunky and inconvenient to me. Maybe I was just not used to it. I do know that the top right door corner will not latch if you work in very dusty conditions. You have to use an air hose and blow the dust out of the latch, or it will not work. This was a twice-a-day operation for me. The dealer's mechanic said this was normal for those type of doors.

12. southernman13

Retired
    Well we ran it for maybe an hour with the mulcher. Nothing really heavy duty. In rained yesterday so there’s no dust. My son ran it and was pleased. I want to get it out in hot sun and dry conditions and see how it does. I will say when he brought it back up to camp to wash the mud of undercarriage the final drives had steam coming off them from the water hose. They were hot to touch but I didn’t try before we hit it with water. Dealer said it was normal. Just doesn’t seem like what little bit of running we did it would be that hot. Idk. May borrow a temperature reading apparatus and see what it reads next time

13. mowingman

mowingman Senior Member

What brand of mulching head are you running?

14. southernman13

Retired
    Bradco and loftness G2

15. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

o_O
    Seriously, "it's normal"?
    Let's just say that if it is the same as a SVL75 or SVL75-2, that mechanic is wrong.

stars&bars44 likes this.
  16. southernman13

Retired
    Used it again today. No mulching moving dirt and cleaning up brush. Powerful machine. I just don’t see the door being an issue. But time will tell. Seems to seal very well.

17. southernman13

Retired
    Also ours is a svl95/2S. Not sure if it’s the same as a 95/2 or if there both 2S’s haven’t paid that much attention.

18. mowingman

mowingman Senior Member

I think a lot of our problems, but not all, were due to the machines being rental units. Let us know how it works after mulching for 6 or 8 hours in dry dusty conditions. I would really like to know, as I will need to rent a mulcher again in a few months.
    Jeff

19. stars&bars44

stars&bars44 Well-Known Member

Earthmoving
    Had my 95-2 for over a year and no problems. The door is a big reason I got one. Ever been loading something by yourself and a strap or chain come off? You gotta go as is or call someone cause the swing door machines your stuck in the cab with the arms up. We mow with ours and dust isn't an issue. Ac blows cold. Radio is loud. Machine has tons of power. You won't be sorry.

20. southernman13

Retired
    I used ours yesterday with our diamond mower on the front. That’s a great combination. Runs it effortlessly and doesn’t hardly move the temperature gauge. Quiet and tons of power. No dust in cab but I wasn’t really kicking any up truthfully Also spread 8 truck loads of dirt. So far we like it