1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

SVL75-2 Motor revs up and down, bogging

Discussion in 'Track Loaders' started by jncl, Dec 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jncl

jncl Member

Hi, I'm having an issue with my SVL75-2. Here's a link to a video showing the revs issue - this was at 90% throttle, it just bogs down, feels like it's about to stall, then picks back up again for a short time and then bogs down again.

Because of this issue I got the air and fuel filters changed but there's not been any improvement since then.

Anyone got any ideas where to look next? I appreciate it

2. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

Debris in the inlet elbow of the water separator 20191126_091013.jpg

mikebramel likes this.
  3. jncl

jncl Member

Great, I'll check that out. Is it easy to remove the water separator?

4. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

Two Corbin clamps and a 12mm headed bolt.
    After you've disassembled and verified that you've gotten all the debris out that assembly, cut the fuel line and install one of these. You'll need a 3972 strainer and two hose clamps. 20191115_135644.jpg Screenshot_20191218-174123_Chrome.jpg

5. jncl

jncl Member

That worked!! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. You saved me a lot of money on a Kubota service.

6. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

You're very welcome.
    What was in there?
    Are you gonna add the inline strainer?
    How many hours on your machine?
    And, since the inline strainer is lower, you will have to pinch off the fuel line to prevent fuel loss.

7. jncl

jncl Member

It was some black gunk, not 100% sure what it was, but I'm ordering the filter and will definitely get that installed.

The machine has 1520 hours on it - it sat for a few months after I bought it so that probably contributed to the problem. I ran it for 5 hours yesterday without any problems at all and will be using it regularly over the winter

8. TDI guy

TDI guy Member

If you ever have emissions issues with your svl75 and want to delete it, let me know. They are completely different machines after that!

9. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

The SVL75 only has EGR, and mine has 3200 happy hours, save for the fuel supply plugging, the kubota engine oil filter gasket blowing out 3 times (that's why you see a Napa filter in the pictures), and the constant plugging of the AC evaporator and heater core.

What is there to really delete?
    Isn't deleting unlawful?

10. TDI guy

TDI guy Member

No. Not for off road applications. The current regulations are that for new sales, they need to meet the emissions standard, but for off road use, it is not illegal to delete equipment.

11. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

A 1000 hours after adding the 3972 inline strainer AND placing window screen over the tank inlet by removing the fill tube from the tank inlet.
    20210709_151055.jpg
    I surmise that this was in the tank before adding the screens, I hope.
    I need to lift the cab and inspect the window screen material.