• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Suspected egr cooler volvo a30g

satkinson

Occupation
Earthmoving Contractor
Afternoon

I have a 2017 Volvo A30g s/n VCE0A30GL00342326 ive noticed a slight drop in the coolant level approx 3 to 4 litres over a week, the machine is putting out white steam for the first 5 mins of operation, does anyone know if they are prone to the egr coolers going bad

Thanks Steve

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Not something i've heard of failing. Look at injector sleeves first, it its using water are you replacing with just straight water or proper VCS and water mix?

satkinson

Occupation
Earthmoving Contractor
Not something i've heard of failing. Look at injector sleeves first, it its using water are you replacing with just straight water or proper VCS and water mix?
We always top up with VCS mix. Thinking about it I did have to empty the water trap a couple of times recently but I thought it might be condensation build up as the truck had been left over a weekend without being topped up with fuel, the injector sleeves would explain this though.
Thanks for your reply Steve