• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Summer Hyd. oil

Jambonez

I have a 730 Prentice buncher im running Klondike max 32 hyd fluid and my hyd temp is around 80C. ambient temp around 25C Just woundering if i was to got to a thicker fluid like a 46 or a 68 would that help lower my temp?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Is there a recommended operating temperature for this unit? Off the top of my head 80ºC (176ºF) does not sound high.

lantraxco

Don't know anything about Prentice, but my own opinion would be to use at least AW46, and if you're not going to be starting it below 0 C it should be happy with an AW56 hydro oil. YMMV of course.

blitz138

No a higher viscosity will not lower your temp it will give you a higher protection for the heat.... Synthetics could help. But yea that isnt that high