• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sullivan D375 shutting down

LHM3

Hi, another Sullivan 375 question!

thought I’d see if anyone here might be able to give some help with a compressor issue I’m having. Recently bought a 2013 Sullivan D375 with just over 2000hrs. I serviced it when I bought (engine oil/filter, fuel filters, air filters, compressor oil/filter). this weekend after about 2hrs of blasting it shutdown on me. tmperature was good according to the gauge, about 170, plenty of fuel. I cranked it back up after about 5 minutes , had good oil pressure 50psi. Ran for a few minutes and shut down. attached is the code it was showing. Some googling showed “auxiliary shutdown switch” which could be low oil pressure, low coolant, low oil level. Does anything in that code pinpoint one of those? Was thinking it might just be a sensor? Has a John Deere 4045HF285 engine
Code is 0970.31.006

Attachments

• IMG_6663.jpeg
    IMG_6663.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5

Diesel Dave

Deere engine operators manual says
000970​
31​
External Shutdown Commanded​
Not Engine Fault. Check Other Shutdown Devices​

I would look at the air compressor side. I think it would have an outlet air high temperature switch if nothing else.
I believe 006 refers to the number of occurences.

LHM3

Thanks! That’ll save me from replacing engine sensors.

There is a temp sensor going to the compressor oil sump.

LHM3

I replaced the discharge air temperature switch made sure the compressor oil was full and pressure washed the radiator/coolers. sandblasted for about 30-40 minutes and it shut down again, same code SPN 097 FMI 031. All gauges are reading good. Fires right back up but shut down within 5 minutes. Used a laser temp gun on the discharge pipe and it read 155 degrees, so don’t think it’s a discharge air pressure temperature problem.

i had previously used it with no issues, 4 blasting sessions Lasting 4hrs or so each. I did bump the pressure from 80-90 psi to 100psi, I was using the low pressure setting. I tried lowering the pressure back to 90 today after the shut down and was able to blast for another 20 minutes before shutting down. Tried the high pressure setting at 100 psi and blasted for 15 minutes, no shut down. Ran out of things to blast lol.

anymore advice? Anyone know a shop that knows the air end of a compressor in the Columbia SC area?