• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sullair compressor doesn't keep up load demand

JCho

Hello I have a Sullair 750 diesel driven compressor.
Please refer the attached photo and drawings
When I put the compressor under load, I cannot quickly compensate the load demand.
I made sure that the inlet air valve on the compressor is working fine. I noticed that when the compressor is at the start mode, the 60 psi control air from the back pressure regulator (according to the drawing) is sent to the back of the inlet valve pushing the valve so that it is closed, when the compressor is at the run mode, the 60psi goes to the front of the inlet valve pushing the plate and the control air from low pressure regulator ~40psi (i assume, No gauge) is sent to the back of the air inlet valve causing the valve to open. The problem is that when it is under high load, the low pressure regulator should decrease the control air pressure going behind the air inlet valve so that it can open up the valve more and compensate the load amount, but it doesn't. The low pressure air regulator maintains the 40 psi regardless the load amount. This results in bad load keep up. Do you have any idea how i can solve this problem? compressor drawing component description.JPG compressor drawing.JPG Compressor pic.JPG Inlet valve drawing.JPG

Thank you

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Have you ever replaced the oil separator filter?

Does the engine speed up when you open an air line?