1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

sugar beet harvest in n wyoming

Discussion in 'Agricultural Operations' started by 637slayer, Oct 17, 2012.

1. 637slayer

637slayer Senior Member

scraper hand
    here is a couple pics of local farmers getting their sugar beets out of the ground

Attached Files:

2. JTL

JTL Senior Member

IUOE Local 302
    You must be somewhere between Lovell and Thermopolis. Saw quite a bit of beet harvesting last week when I rolled that way down from Montana on my way to lovely area of Rawlins.

3. 637slayer

637slayer Senior Member

scraper hand
    little town called greybull, 24 miles from lovell, i hope you dont have to spend very much time in rawlins. I forgot to add the few red tractors, everyone in this area use john deere with only a few cih, dealer support i guess. the diggers and defoiliators are arts way, mostly 6 row i think. the last three years they have gone to mostly the aulick live bottoms, with the spread triple axle, must be the biggest payload provider i guess, looks like it would be an expensive investment, nice all around trailer.

Attached Files:

4. Pixie

Pixie Well-Known Member

killing trees, fixing stuff
    Thanks for the pictures ! I really enjoyed driving thru that area several years ago.

5. JTL

JTL Senior Member

IUOE Local 302
    10-4! Prety sure we chewed on the same dirt that was blowing around! I know I saw those shows the other morning. Small word!

6. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt Charter Member

I am ignorant of beets, are those huge piles in the picture by the conveyor the finished product waiting to be shipped out?

7. spectrumsorter

spectrumsorter New Member

The US harvested 1,004,600 acres (406,547 ha) of sugar beets in 2008. In 2009, sugar beets accounted for 20% of the world's sugar production.