• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Such a thing? that actually works good.

Dodge07around

Occupation
Contractor/owner/operator
Is there a laser system out there that can go oh about 300-800' for doing fence lines? To get posts in line easier? Didnt know if there were a thing out there that actually worked.

Kgmz

Occupation
General Contractor
Mine can.

What you are looking for is called "lay down mode". By lay down, they mean the laser can be set on its side. I did 660 feet of fence awhile back over slightly rolling terrain. Set the laser on the highest spot, and the laser sweeps around so it can hit the low spots. If the terrain is level or straight there is also a spot mode, but this is much harder since you have to find that one spot. The lay down mode is better since it sweeps and can cover from the bottom to the top of the post.

Dodge07around

Occupation
Contractor/owner/operator
sweet, thanks for the information!! I'll look into that and if and when I get one ill let ya know how it works.