• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

stump gringing

divedigger

We are lookimk at a stump gringed to lease or you furnish everything! Appox 100 acres populer oak beech hickore some pine and bthe normal rerbed and jusk but we haev a chip crew just getting startes that takes everything laps brush that they machine cutting but some big trees will have to have a chainsaw but the say they leave as clean as possable. Now is where I come in ,we talked about digging them out and burring and the owner thinks that will be way TO COSTLY. Next they are consedering renting a grinder on rubber juat to gring down 8 inches for pasture. The ground is rolling but deffiently not mtn land. I am in Northeast Tennessee if anyone is close enough to make it profittable, He done had a quote of 100k so thats out of the question. I wanted to dig them out and bury in some gullys but at first that was out the question but any body with experence that wants to talk serious e mail.I man said 250.00 per hr but i need to see eq and refs some people charge repair time to the clock an d I not paying someone to overhaul their on my dime! I am in the dirt business so they are a lot of tricks but if someone will grind stump and feeder roots so it is ready to drill for pasture ground email and I will call for better description! Thanks DIVEDIGGER

lumberjack

What's his budget? Depending on how dense the trees were and their diameter, $1k an acre is pretty cheap, although it could be reasonable. If he's wanting it done for $25k, there is little point in even considering it.

Fwiw, our usual hourly rate is $300/hr producing time on site. Breakdowns, breaks, etc are on us.

divedigger

Stump grinding

They say that they can rent a grinder for 1 month for 27.5k .someone has to operate and maintain and its coning out of mississipppi , i guess we will see how thats going to turn out! Can you put a monkey on 1 of those grinders or does it take a operator? I am not really interested in messing with it ,first thing its a way out of town rental and probably a ragged out oil slobbering piece of junk that has to be worked on alot to keep going, anyway we will know in probably 5 or 6 weeks thanks

lumberjack

If you want anything resembling production you'll need an experienced operator. Production can easily be cut in half with a monkey.

What machine are they bringing in?