• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stump grinders on mini ex

andrewpond

Anybody got experience with stump grinder attachments on mini ex? Don't do tons of stumps but the ones available from rental supply really toys faster tear out. But disposal is an getting to be pain. Thxs.

eric12

For the price and how big of one they'd offer on a mini you'd probably be better off buying a used tow behind.

Ropinghorns

I asked this question a few weeks ago with no response. Most of what i have found on my own is that they dont have enough hydr. flow or pressure to make the mussel it takes to run a stump grinder. Needs to be a 10 ton or bigger one site said.

andrewpond

Comparing Vermeer towbehind Grinder to Bobcat E32

I asked this question a few weeks ago with no response. Most of what i have found on my own is that they dont have enough hydr. flow or pressure to make the mussel it takes to run a stump grinder. Needs to be a 10 ton or bigger one site said.

HI, first thxs for ur time. It is very difficult to weed thru Salesmen pitches to actual get real info.
Vermeer SC602 towbehind stump grinder (A proffessional dedicate stump grinder) only has max 2.7 gpm at 2000 psi total.
My Bobcat E32 (approx3.5ton) has dedicate aux of 16.7gpm at 2950.

So am I missing something?

lumberjack

Yes, the tow behind only uses hydraulic fluid to move the cutter boom. The cutter wheel is powered mechanically.

My self propelled grinder has 83hp and the cutter wheel's hydraulics can stall the engine.