• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

stuck

jughead

Occupation
retired
well i finally did it. i was pushing some brush and logs down about a 10? degree slope knew it was soft but with the bucket flat it was going smooth. raised the bucket to back up "oops" sank to the belly pan almost instantly. thanks to all the good info on this web site a lot of chain and a large tree curling the bucket with chain around it we got it out. sorry no pics. rain coming and knew it would be there for 2 weeks if caught in the wet. didnt think of camera:eek:

Fred from MO

Occupation
Engineer
Whats the trick I missed the posts on the bucket and log thing.

jughead

Occupation
retired
we hooked the chain to a tree. then curled the bucket down as far as it would go ran the chain under the bucket and hooked it to the top. when we curled the bucket up it rolled the chain around it effectively tightning the chain and pulling the loader backwards. had to do it 3 times to get out.

jughead

Occupation
retired
went back to look where i was stuck after 2 hard rains. glad i got it out when i did. it would have still been there till the dry season. dont have any friends with something big enough to get it out of the mud and sure couldnt afford to hire the pros to do it.