• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stuck Rack on Bosch Inline Pump

Mactractor

For those familiar with these pumps used on some AC HD11 Series B, and IH TD15, What size and thread bolt is needed to screw into the end of the rack to free it? Thanks in advance. Mac.

Tenwheeler

I cannot answer that. However on a DT 360 and a 680 Case I could remove the side cover.
Then I thank brake cleaner worked the best. One of them I could catch some needle noise vise grips on very easy. On both of them I used a small brass rod maybe 12 inches long. Tapped on them back and forth, very easy. That was on a pivot above the helix. A little at a time and very easy. Sprayed it often and changed to penetrating oil. Then worked rack back and forth when free.
Prepared to shut them down it the rack stuck open but that was not needed.

Delmer

Flammable acetone brake cleaner, not the perc non flammable chlorinated stuff.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
That’s for an “A” pump..
“A” pump has a removable side cover..
I don’t have the dimensions for the tiny screw in the front of a “P” pump..
Be very careful when trying to free the rack..
once u get it to move at all, bump the starter to get another plunger to a different spot...and try again..
THAT WAY u won’t get any surprises when you start the engine..(run-away)