• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Structural moving

td25c

We get a job once in awile to move a building or object.When I was in high school I worked for a man that done structural moving.I learned allot from him.I just take smaller jobs that I can handel.Here is some pictures moving a pole building do to new construction.

Attachments

• scan0045.jpg
    scan0045.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,190
  • scan0044.jpg
    scan0044.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • scan0043.jpg
    scan0043.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,171
Last edited:

td25c

Here are pictures moving a grain bin for a farmer.

Attachments

• scan0046.jpg
    scan0046.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,161
  • scan0047.jpg
    scan0047.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,384
  • scan0048.jpg
    scan0048.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,227

td25c

Here are more pictures of the pole building move.I poured a new foundation ,stubed in utillitys,And poured a new floor.We install "j-bolts"in the concrete at each post and fabricate metal brackets that fit the post.Install bolts though the brackets in to the post,then bolt the brackets down on the j-bolts in the concrete.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,122
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,178
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,210

td25c

Thank's.It's not something I do every day.But once in awile a customer will call about a moving progect.

D5G

Thats awesome! Any time you move a structure, its a fun thing to see.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
All problems are simply an opportunity for someone who can solve it. Cool stuff! :)

D5G

I have only seen one structure move, they are all interesting. Do you guys do a lot of structure moving? Looks like you sure have the equipment to do it. Keep up the good work!

eianewb

25c what was the diameter of the grain bin you moved? looks like a 30 footer. we have moved a 21' bin, 2 - 24' bins, 3 - 30' bins, and 3 - 36' bins. in the past few years. the trailer we use is also designed to move up to a 48 footer. that'd be fun.

it is always fun moving something that most people dont think should be able to move.

td25c

eianewb,It was a 24 ' bin.This job was just a "lot move" .I picked it up with the Insley crane and set it on the lowboy and moved it down the line about 100 yards and set it on a new foundation.The farmer put a bigger bin in it's place.I agree eianewb,Its fun moving stuff.

MAC-EX

hows this?

Attachments

• Cablevision Housemoving job Co Springs (Small).jpg
    Cablevision Housemoving job Co Springs (Small).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 829
  • 000_0121 (Small).JPG
    000_0121 (Small).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 799
  • Habitat for Humaity house move Co Springs, CO (Small) (Small).jpg
    Habitat for Humaity house move Co Springs, CO (Small) (Small).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 842
Last edited:

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Could be a B-80,B-81,B-83 or B-87.I may have confused the B-87 with a B-67 but I am pretty sure I have seen them.The differences were in the engines as far as I know.B-80 was a gas 711,B-83 was a Cummins.I am pretty sure the B-87 was the Mack 864 V-8.Ron G

td25c

Great pictures MAC-EX. Looks like a nice "roll set" on the basement in the second pic.I like your Mack trucks.Thanks for sharing them,It's always interesting moving a structure though a busy intersection.

MAC-EX

Yeah, I dont recall what the yellow mack was. It was borrowed for that particular job. I think it was a B-83. The old man always had 1 Mack around the jobsite. They proved to be the workhorse of the out fit. I like moving stuff as well. What I dont like is working with family. I have started integrating moving into my operation little by little. All those pics are from the old days when I worked with the family.

td25c

I hear ya MAC-EX about about working with family.Sometimes keeping everyone happy in a family business is harder than the job itself.Dad helps me on some jobs and we always end up arguing over the small details of the job but we allways get it done.My customers get a laugh watching me & dad argue over if the glass is half full ,or half empty.I looked at a grain bin move last week for a farmer .He had two 24 foot & one 36 foot to move about 4 miles from one farm to another.The route had alot narrow roads & power lines so I told the farmer it would not be cost efective to move the grain bins in one piece.Sometimes you can move a stucture cheaper than taking it apart,and this time I could not move the grain bins due to the terrain & power lines in the way.Good luck with your moving business MAC-EX.

MAC-EX

yeah, I here you loud and clear. looks like you have a good handle on things. Keep them pics coming. I love moving stuff. Maybe not as much as dirt, but very close!!

eianewb

25c how big are the beams you have under that 24' bin? i am goin to make a trailer to move some a 30'ers for a guy, just wondering. i went to a welding shop and they thought a 6x6 i beam would work, i am thinking that a 8"tall by 6 would be better... if my math is right, the 8" beam would be 2x as strong as needed, and the 6" would just cut it. they are both about 5/16 in webs.

do you have any pics of just your trailer??

the trailer we used before for all our moving was borrowed and we dont have any good pics of it.

also, do you have any idea what they weigh? i am completely guessing 20,000lbs for a 30' bin.

thanks.