• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stroker/processor guys....your favorite wood to work with.

Hillbillybjopkr

Occupation
Logger
In the few days i've been on this here forum I've noticed there are logger not only all over the US but all over the world. Me bein a junkie for knowledge I have a question for you guys. What is your favorite kind of wood to work up. Mine is Surgar Pine with White Fir close behind. The Surgar pine limbs just jump off...nice and clean and it's reallly a easy soft wood. My front saw blow's through it like butter. Pretty much the same with the White Fir. Only issue I have with them is the lil, small branched on the boel.....reall really small. they just bend over under the knives. I absolutly hate Yellow pine. Limbs come off in pieces and leave feather that take a good minute or so (which is forever) to TRY and get them off. Plus it happens to be the worst with doglegs and school-marms. Just about eveytime I see a Yellow pine come to me I almost wanna smack my forehead with a ball-peen hammer.
So...tell me about the sticks you guys work up. What kinda wood you guys all in