• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Strange tanks on this Concrete truck

Cartoondude135

Mixer_S-Series_7634.jpg See those green tanks on the back in front of the engine hood and behind the mix drum? What are they there for and what's their purpose? I'm designing this Oshkosh S series front discharge concrete truck for MMD, but I need to know the function of the green tanks strapped to this truck's back.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
The big question is how far can it go, and how long to refuel it? Got a friend in Portland that has to run CNG in a fleet of garbage trucks and they have a night crew and two compressors to refuel 8 trucks. One compressor goes down and it's a giant emergency for them.

Cartoondude135

So you are going to be designing Dancing Cement Trucks???
*Facepalm* Uhhhhh.... In case if you're unaware, MMD is used for more than just dancing. It can be used for animations of your desired liking. Here's an example:
I'm making these as prop/background vehicles.

Last edited:

Delmer

Lack of range for a concrete truck is less of a drawback than sitting dead on the side of the road with an emmisions hickup.

Cartoondude135

And as you can see, inspired by that MMD re-enactment of that Tom and Jerry episode, this has inspired me to come up with characters and vehicles of my own liking to re-enact some scenes from Volcano 1997.