• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

still waiting for deere 655 size machine with j undercariage?

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
what is the holdup on this,heard rumors late last year then nothing,the 605 is sweet,just want the bigger version!!!!any body have any updates?

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
Excavating Contractor 30 + Yrs.
The Deere Boys At Vega`s Con Expo 2011 That Worked The 755K Display Didnt Know When I Asked Them When A New Model 655 Would Be Out . When I Was At The John Deere Classic We Went To Coal Valley Demo Area And I Asked The Same Question Some Of The JD Guy Didnt Know And One Guy Said It Was In The Works ? Would Be Nice But We Love My JD 655C II !

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
talked with my deere mechanic,he said he can not wait for them to come out,lots of problems with the liebherr final drives,and a nightmare to work on,he said there great until 4 or 5 thousand hrs then you should look out,from what he has seen!sure would be nice to jump of the 700 into something of equal size with the same controls!i wonder when they do make one, if it will have the 700 frame?

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
The New JD 655K Track Loaders Are Out ! Has Anyone Had A Chance To Look At Or Operate This Model ? Would Love To Try One !

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
hearing good things so far,but the tier 4 stuff scares me a bit,looks like they wanted to beef them up a bit, heavy duty final drives looks like of a 750j and 40600 lbs, man thats 3 ton on the 953d

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
Not crazy About tier 4 myself , But if you want new equipment i guess we will just have to deal with it ? I guess i will have to put a JD 655K on the back burner till later . debating on putting Topcon 3DMC2 on existing JD 700H Dozer or up grade to JD 700K with ICG . Would still like a 655K at some point in time .and yes earthscratcher 20 tons is getting up there for that size machine and price to match !

Dickjr.

So is this 655K a Deere built machine or Leibher? I've heard of the final issues on the Leibher but also the series II machines remedied the problem. Just curious. Cat needs some competition in the loader area. I run a 953C , its a good machine , around here thats about all you can get.

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
looks like the price tag on a 655k is around 235 k.talked with deere engineer this morning,looks like most drive components are the same used in the 750k dozer,which will be better for parts.i am not sure what deere is up to in market share looks they want the small to mid size machine market,nothing to compete against the 973d.
605k 26940 lb. 1.7yd
655k 40614 lb. 2.4 yd cat 953d 34000lb
755k 45178 lb. 3.2yd cat 963d 44577lb
? cat 973d 56000lb
all deere salesman are heading to phoenix to deere test facility to check out new stuff,so more to come in the next few weeks

Dickjr.

I couldn't afford 235K but that is some what cheaper than the 53 and a lot cheaper than a 63. This is good. The 53s and 63s are solid machines , lets hope the Deere can go 15k hours without major component failure. I like to see Cat get a little competition. I was told that the Komatsu D51 may be fitted with a loader bucket in the near future. People don't seem to use loaders much anymore. I think a lot of it is most operators can't run a loader well enough to make it do what they want. These machines are as versatile as anything made.

HATCHEQUIP

Back when komotsu stopped bringing track loaders into us i asked salesman why and he said that komatsu said that 80 or 85% track loader sales in us were in the southeast and that they didnt see enough to warrent importing to us. did any one else hear something like this.

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
That 235 K Number , your dealer will deal on the price for sure . deere is After market share and they want to get some machines in the field . i wouldnt be scare at having one to replace my jd 655C II . but only has 2000 hrs. and Dickjr. your right about operators and track loaders . most of them can load with it , don't ask them to cut a swale or a slope . i have a couple like that . that's ok i like running one . some areas of the USA you just don't see them . i wouldn't want to be with out one .