• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sticker Shock on Backhoes

rutwad

I haven't followed the market closely, but TLB prices seem to have taken a huge jump in price over the last few years. Has other equipment taken an equivelant leap?

WOW, I still have a hard time imagining $100k for a backhoe.

Bayrat

Occupation
Dig Safely Field Representative
Just a guess

I'm new at the backhoe pricing game, ran them plenty but never owned one. I was thinking today when pondering the price I paid for mine that the most likely reason the cost on new machines is going up, aside from inflation, could be due to the competition from the skid steer/mini-X driving demand down for TLB. Generally when this stuff occurs, they make fewer pieces so the manufacturing cost per each increases.

I am taking delivery of a 2000 Case 580 with 2700 hours tomorrow. Should have been today so I am sort of bummed. The hauler was not available. The hood needs paint but the rest of the machine is great sans a little rust on the doors (which I am looking to replace). A bit off topic, sorry. My thought is that good used TLB's will retain or even escalate in value if the trend continues. Meanwhile, the market around here is loaded with mini-x machines which I anticipate will have the opposite affect on them.

Don

NateV

Occupation
Excavating
We just picked up a 2007 Case 580 Super M series 2 with everything but ride control and a quick change front bucket (i think case hase that:beatsme ) and it was right around $74,000. If we would of got ride control and the cab that has more sound prof stuff, and i think there was one other thing i cant remember but it would of been right under $80,000.

directorz

I just got quoted $109,000 for a new 580 Super M Series 2 w/ a 4 in 1 and extendahoe. We're selling a 98 580 Super L Series II 4wd w/ a 4 in 1 and extendahoe w/ 1800 hours. There's a fair amount of rust - it was used to load salt in the winter. Being a local municipality, we qualify for a discount of $45,000 bringing the total cost to a little over $63,000.

rutwad

There must be a Backhow market bubble :D .

I guess with the gold plated new TLB's, it's probably going to be difficult to find a good deal on a late model (2000 +) one.

The skid steers are one of my favorite machines due to their size and versatility. I have only seen the backhoe attachments in magazines, but has anyone had experience with a skid-steer backhoe?

Bayrat

Occupation
Dig Safely Field Representative
There is a thread about them where I asked that same question about a month ago. Should be easy to find.

They seem to be up there in cost. I found a 1999 model with low hours and a larger backhoe than the one I posted about in that thread, but they wanted 17k for it.

NateV

Occupation
Excavating
I just got quoted $109,000 for a new 580 Super M Series 2 w/ a 4 in 1 and extendahoe. We're selling a 98 580 Super L Series II 4wd w/ a 4 in 1 and extendahoe w/ 1800 hours. There's a fair amount of rust - it was used to load salt in the winter. Being a local municipality, we qualify for a discount of $45,000 bringing the total cost to a little over $63,000.

Man thats high! I wonder if they jack the price up because they know you get that discount? A new Case only goes for about $80,000. Atleast thats what they were 2 weeks ago when we got ours.

One boro around here did the same thing your doing and there machine was $63,000 too if i remember right and the only thing it didnt have was ac.

I only have one pic at the moment of ours

Attachments

• 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited: