• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Steering Cylinders

mikey1

Occupation
local truck driver
Hey Guys, I am trying to find some info about my steering cylinders, To start its a case 580B, 188 diesel,
both of the cylinders leak down there by the tires. the only numbers i can find are on a band that goes around it and it as follows, 02450 2 650 .. Is there a factory numer that will help me find the right rebuild kit for resealing these? I cant find a stamped number on them, I have not taken them off either. any help would be appreciated Thank You

Mike

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
There are different cylinders fitted to B series. Does yours look like this, with the 3 hole plate at the gland?
If it is you need A36396 kits.
If it has circlips retaining the gland you will need A44644 kits.

Attachments

• 580B steer cyl.gif
    580B steer cyl.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 219

mikey1

Occupation
local truck driver
Thank You for the reply Alrman, it does have the 3 standard type screws holding it on, what are circlips if I may ask?