• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

''steep slopes on dozers''

Daniel Mowery

Hey guys I know this is older discussion but I just found it was reading it found it pretty interesting I'm 40 years old been running dozers ever since I was 12 about anything and everything and and today's time I found the best dozer that I tend to like to work a slope with is a I don't know if you've all ever run any of them I'm sure you have is a d6 t xw and man that's a nice tractor you know GPS for GPS tractor you know to do work your your final cut on your float and it will I tell you what I've I've had it on on some slope sideways and that's a wide pad dozer too high track and it's I've had it on some slopes that it was you couldn't even stand on it you know a good work slow hard dry material and sideways and it I tell you what man lot of times excavator wouldn't say it on it I mean and then you know Dozier I could just walk all over it sideways like ways down ways just about anyways LOL you guys ever have experience running them d6t xw dozers it's a nice tractor and then of course we run here on the pipeline her Precision they have a few John Deere 850 950s but I like the caterpillar d8 t wide track. Jim Bruce 42 I know what you mean about that operator having to sit on the armrest. I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know about I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know about the I don't think that a fella can say he's worked a slow if he don't know nothing about no armrest setting LOL very interesting guys I just found this man it's a great place I like it keep up good work y'all be safe out there God bless you all

Welder Dave

Welcome to the forum but man was that hard to read. After you've typed a post it helps to proof read and edit it before posting, especially a longer post. Makes it easier to read and understand.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Welcome to the forum but man was that hard to read. After you've typed a post it helps to proof read and edit it before posting, especially a longer post. Makes it easier to read and understand.

Punctuation is an amazing thing . . .

Welder Dave

Reading what you typed before posting usually helps. There's always going to be little mistakes but not as many.

chidog

I'm not a fan of running side ways on a slope, it is very rough on roller flanges. I've done some over the top on hill sides likely steeper than 45 degrees, and where you don't want to loose it and go side ways or or over you will go. I always liked the high and steep ground stuff. Since I got to fly long before I got on a dozer, had to keep telling myself dozers don't have wings.

clueless2

Welcome to HEF, Daniel !
I edited your post to make it a little easier to read. I hope you don't mind that I did that ?

"
Hey guys I know this is older discussion but I just found it was reading it found it pretty interesting.
I'm 40 years old been running dozers ever since I was 12 about anything and everything and and today's time I found the best dozer that I tend to like to work a slope with is a
I don't know if you've all ever run any of them I'm sure you have is a d6 t xw and man that's a nice tractor you know GPS for GPS tractor you know to do work your your final cut on your float and it will
I tell you what, I've I've had it on on some slope sideways and that's a wide pad dozer too high track and it's
I've had it on some slopes that it was you couldn't even stand on it.
you know a good work slow hard dry material and sideways and it I tell you what, man lot of times excavator wouldn't say it on it I mean and then you know Dozier I could just walk all over it sideways like ways down ways just about anyways LOL.
you guys ever have experience running them d6t xw dozers it's a nice tractor and then of course we run here on the pipeline her Precision they have a few John Deere 850 950s but I like the caterpillar d8 t wide track.
Jim Bruce 42, I know what you mean about that operator having to sit on the armrest.
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know about
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know about the
I don't think that a fella can say he's worked a slow if he don't know nothing about no armrest setting LOL very interesting guys I just found this man it's a great place I like it keep up good work y'all be safe out there God bless you all"

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Welcome to HEF, Daniel !
I edited your post to make it a little easier to read. I hope you don't mind that I did that ?

"
Hey guys I know this is older discussion but I just found it was reading it found it pretty interesting.
I'm 40 years old been running dozers ever since I was 12 about anything and everything and and today's time I found the best dozer that I tend to like to work a slope with is a
I don't know if you've all ever run any of them I'm sure you have is a d6 t xw and man that's a nice tractor you know GPS for GPS tractor you know to do work your your final cut on your float and it will
I tell you what, I've I've had it on on some slope sideways and that's a wide pad dozer too high track and it's
I've had it on some slopes that it was you couldn't even stand on it.
you know a good work slow hard dry material and sideways and it I tell you what, man lot of times excavator wouldn't say it on it I mean and then you know Dozier I could just walk all over it sideways like ways down ways just about anyways LOL.
you guys ever have experience running them d6t xw dozers it's a nice tractor and then of course we run here on the pipeline her Precision they have a few John Deere 850 950s but I like the caterpillar d8 t wide track.
Jim Bruce 42, I know what you mean about that operator having to sit on the armrest.
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know about
I don't think I fell I can say he's ever worked a slope he ain't said on the armrest if he don't know about the
I don't think that a fella can say he's worked a slow if he don't know nothing about no armrest setting LOL very interesting guys I just found this man it's a great place I like it keep up good work y'all be safe out there God bless you all"

Well, that's a start . . .

chidog

That is very impressive. I've balanced on one track a few times but not in an area like that.
Glad it all worked for him, I think a bit too close to the edge for a slope cut like that especially having a slope board pulling the center of gravity more to the left. At least he's got the right machine for it, though I'd love to see that done with a modern D8. I always tried to operate smart, in a spot like that I'd want a safety line of some sort. Sure wouldn't want that cliff falling off on you, or something falling from above pushing ya over. But then being there things may look different than a video.
And thanks for this video, so far the best one I've seen doing steep work, other than the sad D155 rolling off a hill.

Last edited:

IceHole

Have pushed snow on over 1:1 slopes working a snow dump. 1150 LGP.

It kind of freaky backing up over a dumped pile in a lane and it turns to damn near vertical for a few feet. Kept making my drinks come out of the cupholder!
One if the guy busted a back window with his phone flying out his shirt pocket.