1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Steel tracks

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by Joe Fick, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Joe Fick

Joe Fick Member

2. ih100

ih100 Senior Member

I think they could make for a rough ride. It looks quite an aggressive tread, unlike the OEM steel options. That's got to put more strain on the drive line.

3. Joe Fick

Joe Fick Member

I agree on the ride but for a guy like me I'm always on dirt n rocks. My ctl don't have a final drive. It' is hydrostatic driven

4. Tags

Tags Senior Member

I think they look pretty interesting, especially if you're constantly mulching or working in rock.

5. ih100

ih100 Senior Member

So...what's between the track motor and the sprockets?

digger doug likes this.
  6. walkerv

walkerv Senior Member

The rollers are designed to run on rubber , what would the steel do to them as they arent designed for it . That is my question

7. Tags

Tags Senior Member

Kind of, but don't the rollers really run on the steel imbedded cleats in the rubber? Not saying it wouldn't wear faster, just looks interesting...

That's a great question, unless he has an MTL with the squirrel cage....