• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stanley vs Allied Hoe Pacs

Matt_H

I'm looking at buying a hoe pac. Looking for some input on which you think is better, both new. Allied in town five minutes from my shop will cost 13,500cdn or can get a stanley shipped to my shop from a dealer 5hrs away for 9800. Lets hear your thoughts please. going on a 220D Volvo excavator.

Trevor Wrench

I work in the equipment industry and the company i work for has been both a dealer for Allied and Stanley, we are still a Stanley dealer. They are both very good pacs, the question is service that you will get after sale, both from your dealer that you are going to buy from and also from the manufacture. From our companies experience on a dealer side Stanley is easier to deal with. In fact Stanley will even make a new out of commission product if we ask nice, now thats pretty cool. Now i might be shootin myself in the foot because that company might be the one i work for, but five hours is a long ways away.
If this is going to be a heavily used tool then you will need parts and you will need hoses and if down time means money lost you might want to go with your Allied dealer. If you can wait a day or two for parts then go with the Stanley. Of course if your Allied Dealer doesnt stock parts for the pac then you're SOL anyways.

For me, between the two, it comes down to service. If your Dealer down the road has good people and they are a respected business then go with them.

Last edited: